Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
ART Quilt Challenges Monthly >

ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Old 12-04-2013, 05:04 PM

I have a fetish for lamps and chairs. Weird, hunh! Just love them, the more unusual the better.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:27 AM

on a side track here there is a new quilt posted in pictures that I think totally qualifies as an 'art quilt' she has taken a picture of a lake and made a window view looking out the doors to the dock to the chairs at the end of the dock to the water its done incredibly well with superb perspective. its titled a lake quilt I believe just posted today. check it out marvelous work.

you guys are super creative. one day when I stop swapping I will have time to work on these things too until then I will just ogle your art work
Old 12-14-2013, 04:18 PM

Unicolor quilt!?

Are you beavering away with your colors and theme for the month? Making up a cute gift or keeper for yourself? C'mon there's still time to express something...............................
Old 12-15-2013, 06:46 PM

I had my first long arm lesson and free motioned on a muslin piece. I call it " promise beneath the snow". Now, as soon as I can figure out how to post it i will.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:34 PM

oh oh cant wait to see. and Nancia, where are you hiding? how is that baby of yours? growing leaps and bounds I am sure. Hey I need a pair of those adorable pink slippers, bunny things you make for an 18" doll and any patterns you would like to share that size for doll cloths. American girl doll flat feet.. can you help me?
Old 12-17-2013, 02:23 AM

Brat, what exactly do you need? A lot is available on line , and lots free, but of course, I will share some with you! Give me an idea, other than the slippers, what you're looking for. I was given a new doll yesterday. Took a picture but couldn't remember how to post it. I know it's simple, it's an ipad!@lol!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:35 AM

I do have the perfect white & grayish fabric. Will play around after the holiday. Had a huge tree trimming party.
Getting ready for a quiet January.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:46 AM

I hope everyone had an excellent set of holidays!!!!

Down here we are sweating and eating salads. When browsing for a snack the choices are fresh strawberries,blueberries, raspberries or melons. (Oh yeah and all that chocolate candy I made that I was going to share more fully but instead am eating)

Getting your projects done for the month now that the fuss is calming down? I am multi-piecing a big fat yellow/white moon as we have had some whoppers lately. It will go into another art quilt later I am sure but now it gets it's own spotlight.

SH
Old 12-26-2013, 05:35 PM

I've been trying to post a picture, and been interrupted several times, so I'm starting over. Not only is this my hidden spring piece ( signs of warmer weather under the snow), and if i can also the day of the dead piece for my parents. It is not done, still evolving! Wish me luck! Could be another Christmas miracle![ATTACH=CONFIG]453333[/ATTACH]The beige piece is also the trial piece for my long arm lesson. I get little done, but i do put a lot of thought into them. Right now I'm more of an idea man, and not so much a producer.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by nancia; 12-26-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:06 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]453337[/ATTACH]This is the butterfly that is also hidden by the winter cold, and the left side does not match the right. Another design glitch not thought of!