Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

July almost finished

Hey guys! Look what came to my inbox recently!!!! it is from SistahDebra

I Love this little delight! Didn't she get that refreshing theme down capturing summer in a great way. What a super imagination you have girl .

Since you had asked me for ideas and feedback; had you thought about, or played on a scrap, with perhaps the tiniest dots of glitter here and there in the drops of water? Just a thought.

And then I am dying to see what kind of binding you have in mind, it needs to finish but not detract from the action. That would be hours of challenge for me.

Thanks so much for sending it to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fountain-2.pdf  
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

Pippi, dotcomtcm, is so right. We are loose on some of our details here. I am a laid back hippy from the 70's so 'I suggest' rather than 'assign' LOL
    Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Already, yesterday, I discovered things I had forgotten about. So, I should have plenty of stuff to work with. I will try things along the way. Looking forward to August!
    Glad to have given you a multi-purpose for the cleaning and using of goodies! I would fall over in a clean organized room-and I have only been here a year and a half. Dunno where this stuff came from...................But will be doing same, trying to use up cool stuff I wanted to try out then lost track of..........
    Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
    I am in the same boat as Pippi, a newbie at this art stuff.

Just need to be clear on the theme Play. It means create something by playing with ideas and new methods. It does not have to have anything to do with playing, like a game or something. Is that correct.

If I got it right, I will try this.
    You are exactly right on with your view of the theme, chickadee.
    Play away with your ideas and methods.....................

But after you get 'playing' you may just discover that your experiment screams 'play' more and so if you wanted to add thematic elements you could.

(In other words--PLAY-play and play some more!
    Suzie

Blog Entries
    Oh boy--we get to PLAY!
    Wendy

Really like the piece SistahDebra has going......can just feel the cool water splashing on the kids. Can we see it again when it's all finished?

My question is there a size limit? And what is the "due date"? Thanks, already conjuring up ideas!! Pam
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi65 View Post
    My question is there a size limit? And what is the "due date"? Thanks, already conjuring up ideas!! Pam
    Remember this is a challenge, so we are keeping for our own use or gift to someone else. Suzie will post another challenge for September. Have fun!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by suziehammond View Post
    Hey guys! Look what came to my inbox recently!!!! it is from SistahDebra

I Love this little delight! Didn't she get that refreshing theme down capturing summer in a great way. What a super imagination you have girl .

Since you had asked me for ideas and feedback; had you thought about, or played on a scrap, with perhaps the tiniest dots of glitter here and there in the drops of water? Just a thought.

And then I am dying to see what kind of binding you have in mind, it needs to finish but not detract from the action. That would be hours of challenge for me.

Thanks so much for sending it to me.
    How cool, literally. Sistah~~love your embroidery water.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by suziehammond View Post
    Glad to have given you a multi-purpose for the cleaning and using of goodies! I would fall over in a clean organized room-and I have only been here a year and a half. Dunno where this stuff came from...................But will be doing same, trying to use up cool stuff I wanted to try out then lost track of..........

So far, I have located some Starbuck's chocolates and a beautiful necklace DH gave me that I had misplaced. I am having fun 'playin' in my own way.

Linda

Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 77 ... LastLast