Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Thanks Suzie for posting my "cool and refreshing" piece. Since I could not get the angelina fiber to work for me, yes I will use the irrisidence(?) glitter to give me that sparkling water effect. And no, I do not have an idea of what type/color binding to use. I do like to use polka dots and strips on bias....
    My Avatar "Kiya" by Deborah Grayson Studios (c)2008
    http://www.graysonstudios.com
    http://www.debbeedoesquilting.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    yup! you're right! find something fun and creatively play with it. i had an ibspiration for july's challenge while at tar-jay! i'll hopefully have time to put it together before i leave.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Hello everyone,
    Do we need to register - or just go for it?
    Love this challenge. Exciting theme this month.
    Bernina 440QE
    Bernina 1150 serger
    Janome 1000CPX coverstitch

Quote Originally Posted by Halfsquare View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Do we need to register - or just go for it?
    Love this challenge. Exciting theme this month.
    Hi halfsquare....I enjoy your avatar.

There is no registration---altho maybe I should get evil and put one up so the 'incomplete' list becomes a social threat if you don't finish

Go for it to your heart's content and don't be afraid to share both your successes and your 'oopsies' with photos and questions for the group.

We all are learning here I hope................
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

Blog Entries
    , nnooo! suzie!!! you can't legislate creativity and inspiration! some times it happens, and sometimes it does not. pressure doesn't have anything to do with it!

I've been an art quilter wanna-be for about 10 years and on this board for several, and today is the first day I have located this thread. Right now, I'm still in a cast and not walking since June, and I am snowed under with my bamboo clothing dyeing for craft shows and stores, and feel exhausted, but this is such a good thing for me. I need some 'play' right now! I'm doing a lot of experimenting with shibori, and am just amazed with what happens, but its sometimes more difficult with bamboo, but it is playing for me, but it is also work. These challenges will give me permission to play, like having an assignment to do; I can put it on my checklist and make myself make time to do it. So good for me! I've read several of the last pages of this thread, and I feel like I finally belong somewhere!

Hello

I've been an art quilter wanna-be for about 10 years and on this board for several, and today is the first day I have located this thread. Right now, I'm still in a cast and not walking since June, and I am snowed under with my bamboo clothing dyeing for craft shows and stores, and feel exhausted, but this is such a good thing for me. I need some 'play' right now! I'm doing a lot of experimenting with shibori, and am just amazed with what happens, but its sometimes more difficult with bamboo, but it is playing for me, but it is also work. These challenges will give me permission to play, like having an assignment to do; I can put it on my checklist and make myself make time to do it. So good for me! I've read several of the last pages of this thread, and I feel like I finally belong somewhere!

I'd like to see some of the work some of the rest of you have done. I guess I'll start looking at the beginning here. Anyway, hello!
    Last edited by PatriceJ; 08-02-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Playing around

I learned to play with traditional blocks by the masterful designer Kaffe Fassett. A BOM partner wants red, blue, green,
    yellow, purple...crayon colors. Here are 2 tries.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Dotty in NYC

Blog Entries
    Welcome goldendog! So glad you have found us!,
    dottie, those look great! What swap are you doing?
    i'm getting packed for the trip and am missing one cat! He took one look at the carrier and headed in all four directions at once. And on the run! Hope he gets back before we have to leave. What a toot!!

I do the monthly BOM led by MadeinMaine & it is the best!! Lots of side swaps, fabulous friends.
    Dotty in NYC

Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 78 ... LastLast