Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 54 63 64 65 74 ... LastLast

Thread: ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Blog Entries
    that's quite pretty. how do you , or do you, propose to make it larger? or will you be framing it? wall hangings to me, represent something of size or substance. i can see where this piece could be successfully mounted on a metallic background, or felted perhaps to a larger presence.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    This particular piece I made for a cuff bracelet, but I am starting on a larger piece (about FQ size) that I am thinking of using as the central part of a medallion quilt. Maybe a crazy quilt, do you think that would work?

Blog Entries
    i would love to see this sort of piece worked into a crazy quilt. be sure to give us lots of eye-candy glimpses of your progress!

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Polly, I like what you have started.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

I FINALLY have something to show you, so you can see I'm not slacking off too much! I'm not quite done with the quilting, but wanted to let you see it. It is January's theme.

The leaves are angelina fiber with some yarns enclosed. The background was made with watercolor crayons. I did the roots with bobbinwork (sewn from the back), and I wrote some of the things I am beginning in the free-motion quilting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I forgot to tell you about the petals. I took interfacing to back the leaves and slit the interfacing to turn the edges. They are gathered by hand and just stitched at the gathering and the ends, so they are 3-D and are loose.

Blog Entries
    i'm so glad ypu explained the petals. they certainly look 3D, and i think the way you achieved it is very interesting. is it similar to preparing a circle for applique'?

Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
    I FINALLY have something to show you, so you can see I'm not slacking off too much! I'm not quite done with the quilting, but wanted to let you see it. It is January's theme.
    Thanks heaps! There are so many good ideas to try out in that little gem! Love it.
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

Quote Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 View Post
    I felted this on my embellisher. It isn't a valentine, but it is romantic enough to qualify, I think. I am experminting with with this technique to make a wall hanging. Any suggestions?
    Love this cuff. I have a new appreciation of detachable collars and cuffs for my clothes all of a sudden....hmmmm...

Looking forward to the next installment.
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post

The leaves are angelina fiber with some yarns enclosed. The background was made with watercolor crayons. I did the roots with bobbinwork (sewn from the back), and I wrote some of the things I am beginning in the free-motion quilting.

Wow, Judy, you did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 54 63 64 65 74 ... LastLast