Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
ART Quilt Challenges Monthly >

ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 AM

Yes. I'll do that'
Old 07-24-2013, 01:07 PM

Hey I finally found my way back here! It seems as though I find this group every few months and then forget where you are! But I have booked marked you and Now I know how to get back!

Judy I would love to see the bamboo dying you do on your scarfs.

It has been really fun to check out some of the different things done here. Great place!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:32 PM

Default Dyeing

On the bottom caption under my name, I have pics of some of my dyeing-socks, scarves, fabric and t-shirts. I do need to add more since I haven't added the ones with surface design yet. My new computer should be arriving this week, cause I sure can't do it on this Kindle. Except for the fabric and shirts, all pf my socks are made of bamboo rayon. Won't use anything else!

Last edited by goldendog55; 07-24-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 AM

Good to see you back here marytoddiz and glad we are bookmarked. Lots of fun going on. Join on in!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:02 AM

OK ladies....I need some suggestions here. I am doing this freedom Q for the monthly challenge. Except I am of course a contrarian and so this is a quilt displaying the protests here in Chile done by the students. They want better education from a government who can afford to give it to them. The photo doesn't show up the contrast well but it is students with flags protesting.

I know the blue border is too large and I will make it smaller. I am happy with the quilting so far. But that outer border needs something. Any ideas??? Other thoughts? Please be brutal.....
Attached Thumbnails freedom-q.jpg  
Old 07-31-2013, 07:06 AM

Great idea. Freedom to protest is very important, especially if it is constructive. I don't see the faces well. Maybe enhance with a little drawing? Here comes August!!
Old 07-31-2013, 03:55 PM

Cool August Challenge-----Frozen

OK, you are all sweltering.. and I am down here freezing so this month let's talk about that in fabric.

How about portraying anything along the theme of "Frozen" ?? Could be bright popsicles, soft colors of ice cream, crystalline ice cubes? I'm sure you can come up with all sorts of frosty ideas to keep you cool this month. How about drifts of snow, icicles on a tree, or ???????

Think of all the possible lovely embellishments in beads and dangly clear bits. And....well you get the idea.

Looking forward to seeing the finished July projects and seeing the progress of the August goodies. My July is going to be completed tomorrow I hope. And I have just started thinking about showing off the cold. Wish I wasn't surrounded with it but that's my lot.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by suziehammond View Post
Tracy Delegal--What are you up to? Love to see an experiment. If you are stuck for a topic we were expressing freedom this month. Should get a couple of cool projects showing here soon.

Remember it does not have to be fancy or finished or big. Small and incomplete and an experiment is fine in THIS little enclave of oddballs.

Not fancy but my first attempt. I am actually working on 3. One is a Crazy Quilt, but I have started on two AQs. Here they are..
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 08-01-2013, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by suziehammond View Post
OK, you are all sweltering.. and I am down here freezing so this month let's talk about that in fabric.

How about portraying anything along the theme of "Frozen" ?? Could be bright popsicles, soft colors of ice cream, crystalline ice cubes? I'm sure you can come up with all sorts of frosty ideas to keep you cool this month. How about drifts of snow, icicles on a tree, or ???????

Think of all the possible lovely embellishments in beads and dangly clear bits. And....well you get the idea.

Looking forward to seeing the finished July projects and seeing the progress of the August goodies. My July is going to be completed tomorrow I hope. And I have just started thinking about showing off the cold. Wish I wasn't surrounded with it but that's my lot.
I came back here to see what the next Challange would be! But saw that you had responded to me!I purchased fabric last weekend. And I think it fits this Challange pretty closely! Here is my reference pic.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 08-01-2013, 01:01 PM

In honor of the Oldenburg show at MOMArt I think I'll make some popsicle pincushions! I have done cupcakes, tarts, lots of pumpkins & squash pincushions. Extra fun gifts.