Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Build a quilt around a central character you design

Yes, the sheep is simple piecing and from the Christmas Shepherd quilt that Peep is being modelled from. The one in the pic is an extra one with blue background that I pressed back as much as I could to get a better look as to how it will be with the grassy meadow background. The first one I will make it the size it is ... though I am thinking I may re-size for Peep's Sheep!!!

This will be a legitimate PUP project that will progress slooooooooooowly and have lots of sitting time as I ponder what to do and how to do it .... and let the sheep graze in the meadow!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Your fabric choices so far seem to work QuiltE. I really like the sheep. I'm assuming there will be multiple sizes of sheep so that the smaller ones seem to be in the background. It's all about perspective.

So far, Jenniky seems ot be running corcles around the rest of us. Anyone else have some progress to report?
    Working for a living interferes with fun, but it pays for it.

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    Your fabric choices so far seem to work QuiltE. I really like the sheep. I'm assuming there will be multiple sizes of sheep so that the smaller ones seem to be in the background. It's all about perspective.

So far, Jenniky seems ot be running corcles around the rest of us. Anyone else have some progress to report?
    Good idea, W4Me ... Thanks! .... I think
    you do like crearing more work for me, don't you??

Yes Jenniky is tuly a Wonder Woman ... mention that and I bet she'll make one of those too!

Blog Entries
    Ok Ladies -- I finally picked a cool fabric of "space theme" with planets for my DoctorWho challenge. Just ordered it at fabric.com and was able to get 15% off with a coupon I got from them. They sent it to me for my 3-year anniversary of buying from them. I didn't even realize I've been buying from them that long. And never had one problem.

So, when it shows up, I'll have to start working on my plan for the TARDIS that will be the center theme. Still trying to decide how to proceed from there since I really don't want to create appliques for all the creepy monsters of this show. I might just do some embroidery names of all the different monsters.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!

Vicki G - Have a Great Day !!
    www.vickigdesigns.com

Sorry to be gone so long. Been reading your posts and I think they are great. I love your imaginations, wish I had some!
    Toby has a friend he loves to hate at my house. He is the avatar I use. His name is Tommy. Here's his photo:

Name:  100_0152.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  1,007.0 KB

Toby tried to make friends with Tommy, but Tommy hissed and spat at him. You see Tommy does not like animals, he thinks he is a baby, cause Mama calls him a baby. Anyway I digress. On the day Toby greeted Tommy he had to let him know that he wouldn't put up with hissing and spitting, so he barked and chased Tommy down the hall and Tommy had to be put behind closed doors because he made Toby mad.

More to come.....
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

GReat fabric for Tommy's fur, CharlotteMarie!
    And looking forward to reading more of the encounters of Toby and Tommy!

Blog Entries
    Works4Me - Im sure I heard Frankie grunting.... LOL and only reason I get so much done is I don't have to spread myself around between work commitments and cleaning and cooking. So I have an unfair advantage, but I'm not complaining. A day of quilting is always a good day.

QuiltE - Hmmm, Wonder Woman? Nope not my style. Way too flashy. And why does she have to run around in a bathing suit and thigh boots. Really the chick needs some clothes on in my Humble Opinion.

Vickig626 - Have you ever tried using the fabric crayons? I've seen some really awesome quilts made with them. Then you could trace the monsters on to the fabric and color them in. It's definitely a technique I want to try down the line.

Charlottemarie - I have to tell you that I'm enjoying Toby and his adventures the most. I look forward to hearing more as you continue to build on your story quilt. You have created a very original special project quilt. Now that, is imagination at its best.

Have an awesome day!

Now you've given me my morning smile ... of the obvious!

QuiltE - just returning the favour.
    Jenniky - we quilt vicariously through you.
    vickig626 - so glad you found the right fabric. It makes all the difference. I'm looking forward to seeing a photo.
    charlottemarie - I, too, am enjoying the adventures of Toby and friends. It sounds like a wonderful quilt coming together.
    Working for a living interferes with fun, but it pays for it.

[QUOTE=works4me;5428616]QuiltE - just returning the favour. QUOTE]

W4Me ... Just remember ... I don't get mad, I get even!

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast