Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 07-01-2014, 08:54 AM

Wow Mary, incredible! That really is a piece of art ! ! !
Old 07-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

I have finally caught up on this thread and see a need to welcome MK to this little group! I, for one, am sewglad QE's persuasive nagging has worked yet again! And yes now subscribed to your blog and have taken a gander (no pun intended) at a few of your pieces. I admire those who can make art pieces--I understand the design elements and art principles, but am lacking in drawing talent. Keeps me from being perfect..... So welcome MaryKatherine--I look forward to seeing more of your work.

A DJ quilt?--I think not--too many UFO's. I'm living vicariously through donated fabric to QE as she belts out the blues.

mirabelle's been making decisions on color etc--I was expecting some CW inspired blocks and low and behold she brings on the pinks and browns and puts them in a beautiful sashing. The pink is so subtle that it allows the colors of the blocks to shine.

Jan's colors are so striking--you have developed your scrappy compatibility so well--I'm waiting for more.

I've been on board long enough--guess what I'm working on a FCC project!! It's going to be a surprise so no WIP pictures. Calm down QE--it will be worth the wait
Old 07-02-2014, 12:28 AM

MaryKatherine your art quilt is beautiful, I admire anyone who can do this as I can't draw a straight line
Old 07-02-2014, 03:51 AM

I'm embarrassed by your praise ladies. You can't do it if you don't try.
(Is this a good time to mention I just won a prize for my Sun Bonnet Sues in April Showers?
BFF, No matter What the Weather
No wonder its a struggle to find time for DJ. (No I didn't do one last night..supper was late because the World Cup match ran till 7 pm. NOT ME!!!! hubby.) I'm waiting for the Tour de France!
Attached Thumbnails wallpaper.jpg  
Old 07-02-2014, 05:46 AM

Amazing work MK. I especially like the orchard piece.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

MaryK ... stop it!!!!!!! Nothing to be embarrassed over! Take it all in and remind yourself how great you are, when you are fighting with one of your creations ... just to help you keep at it, knowing what it will turn into. So do tell us about the competition and prize that your BFF SBS's have been recognized for?? .... so appropriate for this aftn's flash flood! WOW ... did it pour!!! Goosey is sure to be a winner ...... now to find something appropriate for it!

OKSGlad ... I am so pleased to let you join me vicariously with my DJ, as I am with all the Others who have contributed the bluetiful blues! I will have my June update pics for everyone in the next few days. Am I that much of a nag??????? I too am SewGlad to have MaryK, along with us!!!

Yes ... I am **jumping for joy** over your FFC WIP!!!!!!!!!!!
???wondering what it might be???

How did I miss the subscribe option to MaryK's blog???
Been there, done that ... won't miss a thing now!

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-02-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:29 PM

This contest was again sponsored by the Canadian Quilting Association CQA and is a regular feature in their quarterly magazine. The NEXT theme is Dog Days of Summer. How appropriate! Entering contests gets to rather addictive, specially when all you have to do is click a button.
Goosey going out west next week. But I do have the photos.
MK
Old 07-02-2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
DHMom ... did you ever get any of it, for a trial run? Any comments?
No, I haven't. I'm a touchy/feely kind of person so I've been reluctant to buy online. Thought of getting a charm-pack bundle online but the problem with that is that some of the colors are very close and if I pick a specific green (for example) I want to know which color to reorder - charm packs (or even FQ packs) are not marked.

In fact ... since I got home from London I haven't even been in the sewing room. And now William is here (yes! He's here!!!) no clue when I'll get back into the sewing room. He'll be here for the next 6 weeks. Happy dance!!
Old 07-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

DHMom ... *gasp* no sewing!!!!!Looks like you have a LOT of cooking ahead of you! ENJOY the lad, every minute that you have him! I "think" I know where to buy Shots now ... maybe I should get you a couple of pieces, just to tempt you for a trial.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Power Poster

Time for a Jane Singing the Blues update!
Fifteen blocks completed in June ... now at 95!!!

The last three blocks, are Canadian touches! The maple leaves are obvious and the other block is called "Canada Star". Thanks to eagle eyed
GGal for spotting it for me. Would be a prettier block and show the star off better, if three fabrics were used. But not for this quilt!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]481404[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]481405[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails djjune-15-2-.jpg   djjune-95-2-.jpg