Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

Muv
    Hello QuiltE. The rose block is finished, and I've done a bit of preparation tonight so I can start on the second block tomorrow, which is going to be a daffodil for Wales. If you don't mind I'm going to save the pics until it is properly finished, but I will post work-in-progress photos... I just want to be sure it turns out all right! Keep cheering me on - it really helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Hello QuiltE. The rose block is finished, and I've done a bit of preparation tonight so I can start on the second block tomorrow, which is going to be a daffodil for Wales. If you don't mind I'm going to save the pics until it is properly finished, but I will post work-in-progress photos... I just want to be sure it turns out all right! Keep cheering me on - it really helps!

<clap>
    <clap><clap><clap><clap>
    **cheers** **cheers** **cheers**
    Jolly Good !!!!!!!!!!

And absolutely, updates as only you wish!!!
    It's still pretty exciting!!

P.S. I've been thinking of you as I listened to re-runs of Kate's and William's wedding and other Royal stories as I worked in the office today.

Did I get this looking Union Jack'ish?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

This afternoon I got my little table topper to the next step.... Name:  P1020793_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 267
Size:  26.0 KBName:  P1020794_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 268
Size:  32.9 KBName:  P1020795_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 259
Size:  32.8 KB

Stunning ++++++ !!!
    lp

Yea for you ThimbleB ... the red fabric has a nice flag waving effect to it!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Here is one evolution of my Mystery Patriotic Quilt... It seems to be taking on a mind of its own...will see what further clues have to reveal.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Have an awesome day!

Muv
    Hello Jenniky, your stars and stripes are fun!

Meanwhile, in Blighty, the first stem has been finished for the Welsh daffodil block..
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Interesting..... As Many of u know, I quilt for Veterans. "The American Veteran Project"..... ( don't bother loking for an organization.... it's my own, local project, that MANY here have donated towards and help keep going..)
    I LOVE patriotic!!! Most of what I do is via donated fabrics. So many are functional and beautiful... it is not patriotic.
    This is so inspiring to me!! thanks everyone and keep it up! I'll be watching for ideas.

Welcome Spacebull1. Glad you could join us.
    Keep it up Muv. You are inspiring me to keep going.
    thimblebug6000 - love it. At this pace, you may just have to make matching potholders.
    Jenniky - love the life of its own. Your quilt obviously knows what it's doing.
    blueteddi - sounds great. In my book quilting for veterans is mighty patriotic so I look forward to seeing your next/current project. That's one thing I like about this challenge-the interpretation of patriotic. So, if a quilt in a sports theme is what you will donate to a veteran, that is your patriotic project as far as I'm concerned.

My maple leaf centre is coming along. If the pencil lines don't come out I will be starting from scratch.Name:  PICT0080.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  80.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Hello Jenniky, your stars and stripes are fun!

Meanwhile, in Blighty, the first stem has been finished for the Welsh daffodil block..
    Muv that is very interesting how you are doing your stems..I have never seen them prepped that way. Then you are able to use a small straight stitch with the sewing machine... how great. I have a quilt pattern Im working on for my granddaughter and I have slowed progress because Im not happy with how my stems are turning out. Seeing your stems laid out gives me motivation to go back at it again. So thank you for sharing your in progress photo.. and thanks for your warm comment on my stars and stripes.. I love the fabrics Im working with.. but I fear before the quilt is complete I will be pullling apart some of the squares to reorganize the layout. We will see... Have a beautiful day Muv and everyone else.
    Have an awesome day!

Page 10 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 110 ... LastLast