Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 54 of 132 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Bird View Post
    This is was created using one of A. E. Nathan's Quilt of the Month patterns from Walmart.
    Super easy...but fun!
    Yeah Yellow Bird! I'm glad that ya posted your quilt here.
    Hey Ya'll in her picture post of this quilt she said that she made it this weekend! That's fast!
    Way ta go Yellow Bird!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

*hint* *hint*
    let's see you turn it into a patriotic project .... you've got the red, blue and gold already
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Wow, Yellow Bird. I didn't see the other post and it never occurred to me that anyone could do that much work and that good a job so quickly. Way to go.

Are there any "in-progress" photos so we can be even more impressed?
    Working for a living interferes with fun, but it pays for it.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    Wow, Yellow Bird. I didn't see the other post and it never occurred to me that anyone could do that much work and that good a job so quickly. Way to go.

Are there any "in-progress" photos so we can be even more impressed?
    Yeah, yeah, we wanna see how you did the different stages. I'm sorta intimidated by raw edge applique. Or maybe, it's that I won't like the rawness of the edges...

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Muv
    Jenniky!!! Love your sunflowers and completely delighted you have been pleased with the technique! CHUFFED TO BITS!

Yellow Bird - Fabulous, and definitely very patriotic!

Here's a thistlehead. Prickly enough?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/1...res-b9891.html

The Square is for the BOM here is a picture of it next to all of the other blocks so far. Im thinking of doing a piano key boarder around each one Not sure of the color I would use but I have six more blocks before I have to decide.

Muv your Thistle looks awesome..and yes very prickly

"
    Jenniky!!! Love your sunflowers and completely delighted you have been pleased with the technique! CHUFFED TO BITS!"

What does CHUFFED TO BITS mean I have never heard it as a saying ... LOL

Now while I am trying to figure out exactly what Im going to do with the Patriotic Scrappy on the frame.. I have decided I want to try to make another Patriotic quilt using Muv's applique method.. Im thinking of making nine 16 inch squares each one depicting a Home, Park, Storefront , etc. Celebrating the 4th of July. I will make a larger birdhouse scene Like I did for the BOM also. I am going to start sketching some of my thoughts this evening. I really doubt I will have it completed by the fourth of July however...Im very excited about it. My goal is to have have at least one block made every two weeks. Im going to do be doing some hand work on these squares also..time to sharpen up my embroidery skills and of course I will also be doing some English Paper piecing, Foundation Piecing and whatever other methods I need to use to make it a work of art.

Yellow Bird very patriotic quilt. I think I did see that free design at the Walmart here also.
    Have an awesome day!

Muv ... I can't get over how even your blanket stitching is ... looks ever-so perfect! As for prickles, I think your thistles must be much tamer than our thistles here across the pond!

YellowBird ... like the others, I hadn't seen your other thread, so this was all new to me.

JenniKy ... me-thinks that when the lady is chuffed to bits, that's she's exploding with pride! Of course, my Brit slang may be way off!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Muv ... I can't get over how even your blanket stitching is ... looks ever-so perfect! As for prickles, I think your thistles must be much tamer than our thistles here across the pond!

YellowBird ... like the others, I hadn't seen your other thread, so this was all new to me.

JenniKy ... me-thinks that when the lady is chuffed to bits, that's she's exploding with pride! Of course, my Brit slang may be way off!

Ahh that is a sweet saying then..

I had originally planned to send the patriotic scrappy to a long arm quilter. I really would like it to look super nice. However, I have planned and planned to send one and then I chicken out and usually tie it my self or hand quilt it. Im really not enthused about hand quilting it at this time. So now Im leaning back towards finding someone to quilt it for me on a longarm. Im scared they are going to send it back to me and say its not ironed properly or some such thing... I don't know . Hmm
    Have an awesome day!

JenniKy .... What about machine quilting it yourself?

As for LAQ, if you ask what they expect for you to send it to them, I'm sure you can follow their guidance and do it to their satisfaction, if you want to go that route.

IMHO your work of hand quilting would not show enough to shine back at you for you to be "chuffed to bits". Instead you might feel a little ripped off for all the time and effort invested! PLEASE Keep in mind that this is being said by a non-handquilter ... and I respect and envy every stitch that anyone does by hand! I so love to see hand quilting on plain fabric, so it can be fully enjoyed!

Having some fun here on
    Muv's behalf .... I was just thinking (and that's always dangerous) .......
    Perhaps .....
    CHUFFED = CHest pUFFED?

Jennie - I'm the opposite of QE. (Don't get me wrong, I respect & like her very much. We just have different opinions here.) I can see lovely patriotic symbols (stars, flags, Liberty Bells, ect...) quilted over those lovely square patches that are separated by the stars. Then SID around the Stars. As a hand quilter that is what I always do, look for ways ta hand quilt. I'm learnin' ta FMQ now 'cause I don't have the time ta hand quilt all of the ideas I have. Basically, it's your decision, & whatever ya decide will be great.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 54 of 132 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 64 104 ... LastLast