Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
International Patriotic Challenge >

International Patriotic Challenge

International Patriotic Challenge

Old 06-21-2012, 07:14 AM

Monty is quite handsome and the 'stache only works!! LIke the head and shoulders of a horse near him. You are so clever!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:39 AM

Maybe the horse might need to wait for next years panel .. It doesnt really look like there is anymore room on that board for a horse next to Monty. He might have to go solo.. only his creator knows. LOL
Old 06-21-2012, 11:11 AM

That's what I was thinking Jenniky. Monty becoming a set of panels that stand independently but can be tunred into a larger wall quilt at any time.
-Monty 2012
-Horse 2013
-Flag 2014
That way, QuiltE has a hope of finishing Monty in time for this year but has projects ready and waiting for the next two year's challenges.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

Having FUN without me? ... or should I say with me?

You ladis are all too funny!!!!!!!!
I was thinking a bit on this today ... I think
W4Me and I are spending too much time "with" each other as I'm starting to think like her. Granted .... the horse would be on Monty's right as you mount your steed from his left! And too I was thinking of a straight on view, kind of like Monty. Then I was thinking of Monty riding the horse in the Musical Ride!!!!!!!!

And for any who have never seen our RCMP Musical Ride .... take a look ............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LjwhZ9Y5pU

JenniKy ... this would be SO much fun .. you designing and all of us making it, to our own interpretation! And with our own patriotic pride and colours!! Seriously, I'll promise to make it if you create it .... and being that W4Me and I seem to be sharing a brain lately, but have two sewing machines and four hands .... I'll promise for her too! Decision made!!!!!!!!!

BTW ... has anyone seen or heard from
Muv lately ... it seems to me that she's disappeared. Maybe spending too much time down at the local Pub !!!!

Miss you,
Muv! ... and guess what, the MM will be part of MtheM! (to distinguish between the two!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 PM

Yes, this is scary. I, too was thinking musical ride but figured I would be shot if I mentioned it. I wonder if there has ever been musical ride fabric? Hmmm.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:45 PM

Alright I have put Monty and Mount on my project board. I totally enjoyed watching the musical ride and No I have never seen it before. When do you want the design pattern ready by.. I like having a deadline. Also I need to know what the finished size of the panel will be. This is going to be a blast.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Alright I have put Monty and Mount on my project board. I totally enjoyed watching the musical ride and No I have never seen it before. When do you want the design pattern ready by.. I like having a deadline. Also I need to know what the finished size of the panel will be. This is going to be a blast.
Glad you enjoyed the Musical Ride. It really is a hit no matter where, and I can never see it often enough. They do tour the USAm though I see they only have one stop this year, in Maine. Guess their Britain and Germany trip cut short their USA travels this time round. If we're going to Canadianize you, JenniKy ... here's the place the offical Mountie scoop!!!!!
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/mr-ce/index-eng.htm

No rush JenniKy ... I won't look a gift horse in the mouth (pun intended)!!!!!!! Size ... I'd say that's your call! I just think that this is so exciting that you'd want to get creative and come up with something!! Bless You!!!!!

Seeing that my left coast brain is thinking I may not finish this, I'll prove her wrong, and finish this one up as is. Though I am at a stalemate til I find some flesh for the man!!! And then can have a new project with yours!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM

I have confidence that you will finish Monty. He will just be walking this year, instead of being on his trusty steed.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by works4me View Post
I have confidence that you will finish Monty. He will just be walking this year, instead of being on his trusty steed.

Walk before you run!
I think he's in Honour Guard mode this year!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:46 AM

Monty as honour guard. Wonderful idea. Next year he can be promoted and get a horse.