Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
International Patriotic Challenge >

International Patriotic Challenge

International Patriotic Challenge

Old 07-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Power Poster

I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

Oh it was so much fun ... and I sure did help the economy!!
Friday ... 4 shops
Saturday ... 4 shops
Sunday ... only 1 shop (no others open on Sunday) plus followed the Barn Quilt Trail!
Results: one huge tote bag stuffed to overflowing with fabrics and a few patterns.

Oh it was so much fun ... and I certainly did my part to help the economy!!

Hot as .....!!!!!!!!! Though my a/c made it quite comfy.
Wicked storm on my way home this afternoon ......... and not a drop here!

Will catch up with you all later ......
Old 07-22-2012, 03:38 PM

And just where are the pictures of your booty young lady? (Ahhhh....I mean treasures... lol)
Old 07-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

Correction ... that'd be 5 shops on Saturday!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 PM

QE - You were definitely missed! I bet that ya had a great time. Picts please!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:01 PM

Welcome back QuiltE!!!!! Sounds like you had a fantastic time!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:24 AM

Welcome Back QuiltE sounds like you had lots of fun with your fart. It's been very quiet on the threads. Im still waiting on the good to go from Patrice for the QAYG Challenge. I mostly have been organizing my fabrics washing and ironing them so they are ready to go when I need them. Im doing a dp9 with a friend so have cut out my squares for that. It will be a birthday present hopefully if I get it done in time. Have been cutting all my scraps into usable square sizes.. 2.5 3.5 ... all the way to 5 inch. squares. Then I have them organized in small clear totes for scrappy projects.

This coming Friday we will hopefully find out about the house. Boxes are ordered and then will be time to start taking down the pretties hanging on the wall and on shelves. The basement will be the biggest job.. and IM not allowed down there..so..I guess I will just have to be quilting while DH is taking care of that. He is such a trooper. I'm going to prepurchase tickets to a couple of the Blackhawk (Our favorite team) hockey games for him. We havent been to an actual game in six years so it will be a treat for him. But Im not buying popcorn... last time he jumped up on a score and made me spill it all over the people in front of us and beside us. I was so embarrassed. Maybe that is why we have not managed to make it back to a game since then. LOL I tell him he has to yell at them from home. LOL He sure is passionate about his hockey and football.
Any of you ladies have passionate fanatics about sports you live with?? Have a wonderful day everyone and our travelers please be safe on the road.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:43 AM

Welcome back Muv and QuiltE. Good for you stimulating the economy QuiltE. I've been doing my share lately, too.

Jenniky - Sounds like a great date, taking hubby to the hockey game. It could have been worse last time. The popcorn could have been a cold drink. Good luck with the house.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:28 AM

have to admit i am the hockey, sport junkie in my place. love LOVE LOVE it. wouldn't miss a game if i have the opportunity. but i guess that is the canadian in me. lol we sort of are raised on hockey here. i love reading all the blogs on here it connects us all in a way. have a good day.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

Awww thanks, everyone!

Jenniky ... OMG ... too funny! I'm with W4Me on this, thank goodness it wasn't a cold drink!!! I hope the other people were cheering for the same team as you. They'd be more likely to understand.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:24 PM

Jenniky - I agree, at least it wasn't a drink!!! I was raised ta be a Dallas Cowboys Fan, but recently I've become a Houston Texans fan. They lose a lot, but at least they aren't owned by Jerry Jones! Football is the life blood o' Midland. My DH & I spend a lot o' Friday nights listenin' ta the HS football games on the radio.