Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Quilt Contest - MUG RUGS - Entry AUG 1st to AUG 10th

Rhonda, it sounds like a fun contest! Whether or not I come up with something to enter, I'm looking forward to see what others make!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

i might have time for this one apoximitly how large is a mug rug supposed to be?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lindy-2 View Post
    i might have time for this one apoximitly how large is a mug rug supposed to be?
    It varies alot I think. The one I just saw posted was 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" but I have seen them all sizes. most of the ones I have seen are usually rectangular but some are square. It is all up to you. I guess the purpose is enough room for a cup and a snack. I've never made any but they sure seem popular.

Ohhh. Dare I enter? I haven't entered anything before. Hmmm. Yes...I think I will. I do have a question though. is there a specific size that you consider to be "mug rug" size?

Oops. You just answered this question. I've only made a couple of mug rugs before but they sure come in handy this time of year when the drink cups sweat so much. It will be fun.
    Last edited by BonniFeltz; 07-06-2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: question already answered
    Happy Quilting!

I think you did just fine. It has to be a little long or otherwise you'll have a ton of questions. Direct & to the point!!
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    This is the only rule. You can do anything you want as long as it is quilt related.

The only requirement is it must have some quilt related features.
    Any style /any techniques/ embellishments are fine/mixed media is fine
    please clarify what you mean by this.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

This sounds like fun....please count me in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    please clarify what you mean by this.
    What exactly do you want to know? It can be anything you want it to be. It has to be quilt related of some kind.
    Last edited by Rhonda; 07-06-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    What exactly do you want to know? It can be anything you want it to be. It has to be quilt related of some kind.
    ok more specifically what do you mean by "quilt related features'? give me some examples of what you mean. i cannot even come up with an example because i have no idea what you mean by this statement. are you talking about stitches, it must be a quilt sandwich, it needs to have some patchwork???????? what????????

i know sometimes when we say things it makes perfect sense to us.....but sometimes not so much to others.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Blog Entries
    All I meant was it must be related to quilting,. The reason I said it was because I had someone ask me about mixed media meaning she was going to do an entry that used other things besides quilting.

A feature is just an aspect of quilting.. Maybe the style is applique or pieced. Maybe they used origami paper and added a paper pieced fabric flower to their origami paper base. It just needs to be something that says quilt when you look at it. It doesn't have to be a quilt but something that uses a quilt technique whatever that is to you.

You can use anything you want to make yours. It can be pieced or applique or paper pieced or collaged or anything you like. It just needs to fit in the quilt catagorie somehow.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast