Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 59 68 69 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Orphaned Blocks QAYG Challenge

might be easier to follow Jenny's blog posts (http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/jenniky-24751.html) where all the QAYG stuff has been collected in one place.
    Quote Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
    I definitely want to be part of this but here's a dumb question - how do I follow your thread? I have purchased at least 4 books on QAYG and not one of them teaches me the technique.
    Liz / Calgary

I had forgotten about her blog. LOL
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    This is a photo of some of my orphan blocks. My daughter walked by the board the other day and literally yelled, "This is MY quilt!" She wants to redo her bedroom in black/white/red with just a touch of turquoise. These are all the orphans, but I have more of the same fabrics in my scraps, but am thinking about incorporating more blk/white/red prints and I am also trying to decide how to add the turquoise. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If ya are goin' ta do this QAYG the joinin' strips could be turquoise. You're doin' great! I bet it'll be purdy!
    Bev

Since you have to make plenty of other blocks and partial blocks yet, you can easily add in the turquoise with those. I only see 4 whole blocks with no turquoise, so if you make at least that many, or maybe one more or one less blocks that are mostly turquoise with only black, that will balance out the 4 without turquoise. The rest can be a blend of all sorts like the partials you already have there. I think this will be a stunning quilt when you are finished!
    I think I would, IMHO, find a fabric for the turq. like the red, and stick with that, using it as sparsely as the red overall. But would like to see some blocks with strips of both red and turq. in them. I think I would use one of the black fabrics for the QAYG strips rather than the red or turq.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    If ya are goin' ta do this QAYG the joinin' strips could be turquoise. You're doin' great! I bet it'll be purdy!
    I agree with dublb the turquoise joinin strips would make your orphan blocks pop.. IMHO
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    I found another stack of orphans and some strips I had made out of the black/white/red, so I am busy making additional blocks. I still haven't decided on a final setting, maybe the large HSTs as borders around the crazy log cabins. I like the thin turquoise between the HSTs, may add a flange or thin turquoise border around the log cabin center.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Wildyard, I like your idea of adding just a touch of the turquoise in some of the crazy blocks, going to go make some right now.

Oh my! that li'le bit o' turquoise just pops! Keep addin' it!
    Bev

Very neat use of the colors.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 59 68 69 70 ... LastLast