Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

PaperPrincess 04-17-2013 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by mrsmck (Post 6007014)
Hi every one..just found this thread....thinking I should join.
I have 25 tubs of at least 50 yards in each one...do you think I should join????

Welcome to the board and welcome to this thread. Off hand I'd say you probably could pull together one or two quilts from your stash, so please, yes join us!

DustysMomma 04-17-2013 04:16 AM

I think if you have too much that you should share with your moratorium friends. :D I wish I had the room for that much fabric! Oh I'd get in so much trouble!!!

Emma S 04-17-2013 04:26 AM

Yeap, you'll fit right in. There isn't a minimum reguired but your clearly an overachiever. Welcome from Oregon.

MadQuilter 04-18-2013 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by mrsmck (Post 6007014)
Hi every one..just found this thread....thinking I should join.
I have 25 tubs of at least 50 yards in each one...do you think I should join????

OH NO, I feel a competition coming on.......lol

Of course you should join. The more the merrier.

I'm conflicted today: Need to work on a Round Robin and I do not have the right shade of blue for the sky fabric. I have light blue, dark blue, purpely blue, blue green, teal blue, but not a scrap of grey blue. All the shades I have a jarringly off so I have to go to Joann after work to find something to match. On the upside I have all the other fabrics in my stash.

Sophie2 04-19-2013 04:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few things I have made since rearranging my fabric and finding fabric I forgot I had. Imagine that. I am currently working on three small wall hangings that I found (among many other things) when I rearranged my fabric. I posted pictures of my reorganization under Mission Organization. It is such a good feeling to be using fabric that I already have.

SandyinZ4 04-19-2013 06:39 AM

Welcome Mrsmck. Wow! To be able to have so much fabric to choose from and probably acquired at a price much less than today's prices. Lucky you. Welcome and so glad you have joined us. Please share pics when you make somewonderful creation. Sophie2, thanks for sharing pics of your latest. The floral panels are so unique. Is there a pattern for them? I am wondering how you made them in 3-D??? Lastly, I admit, I fell off the wagon again. Or at least one foot. I bought one charm pack from MSQ on their daily deal and added one other charm pack to make the shipping worthwhile. Still a savings, considering my closest fabric store is over 10 miles away.

Sophie2 04-19-2013 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 6012593)
Welcome Mrsmck. Wow! To be able to have so much fabric to choose from and probably acquired at a price much less than today's prices. Lucky you. Welcome and so glad you have joined us. Please share pics when you make somewonderful creation. Sophie2, thanks for sharing pics of your latest. The floral panels are so unique. Is there a pattern for them? I am wondering how you made them in 3-D??? Lastly, I admit, I fell off the wagon again. Or at least one foot. I bought one charm pack from MSQ on their daily deal and added one other charm pack to make the shipping worthwhile. Still a savings, considering my closest fabric store is over 10 miles away.

Thank you for the compliment. I did the 3-d flowers on my embroidery unit. After doing the embroidery you cut the bobbin threads and "pow" the flowers pop.

craftiladi 04-19-2013 08:50 AM

Sophie all very lovely.
I caved yesterday, how in the world do not buy when fat quarters are .99????? No i am hanging my head in shame...just don't tell my husband-he he

auntpiggylpn 04-19-2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi (Post 6012842)
Sophie all very lovely.
I caved yesterday, how in the world do not buy when fat quarters are .99????? No i am hanging my head in shame...just don't tell my husband-he he

Your secret is safe with us! ;)

PaperPrincess 04-19-2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi (Post 6012842)
Sophie all very lovely.

this is an oldie, but a goodie on how to hide your stash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKiiOH5oJfs