Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

michelleoc 09-23-2013 08:49 AM

All of the finishes are so pretty...I'd better get busy!

jerilee 09-23-2013 10:45 AM

A very striking quilt, glad you finished. Makes me think I better get busy on my ufo's

QuilterMomma 09-23-2013 11:46 AM

So excited to see the airplane quilt done. You have been diligent to get it finished, awesome job!!!!

Nice ninepatch quilt. It feels so good to get those swap blocks done.

I would love to fly with your hot air baloon quilt, just pm me and I will send my address on over. LOL

Fantastic finishes ladies. I do not have any right now. I am going to have to catch up with you.

I am going to have a couple here in the next week or so, as soon as I can get some of my own quilting done. So busy with customers and garden that mine are on the back burners.

oksewglad 09-23-2013 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't take much for me to finish this--but glad that it's done and ready for Valentines Day. Measures 20 x 38. Look--big blocks!![ATTACH=CONFIG]437753[/ATTACH]

Emma S 09-24-2013 04:28 AM

OK. Nicely designed table runner. I could picture it in many different fabrics, which would change the mood entirely. Congrats on the finish!

nanna-up-north 09-24-2013 04:58 AM

Oh WOW! Everyone is getting busy getting these UFOs done.... Yeah.

asimplelife-- love the 9-patch. Aren't they fun? Yours will make a perfect cuddle quilt.

oksewglad-- You've been really busy... 2UFOs finished. I love them both. X-mas quilts are favorites of mine..... great wall hanging. And your tablerunner is just too cute. I love the fabric..... cute little characters.

missgigglewings-- Hot air balloons are a great subject for a quilt.... and each one is different. Beautiful! We once had a hot air balloon land in our front yard... the dog was going crazy. When they landed, they whipped out wine glasses and a bottle of champagne and toasted us for being the landowners. That was probably 30 years ago but a fantastic memory. And the champagne wasn't bad either.

I'm still working on my next UFO.... have to sandwich it together and quilt it..... takes me awhile......

oksewglad 09-24-2013 05:46 AM

It really is a good feeling to get those pesky UFO's done isn't it?

re: hot air balloons--this has me thinking. Brother assists on a balloon crew in NM. Hmmm maybe an idea for him?

asimplelife 09-24-2013 09:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
oksewglad - That is the cutest fabric! I like how you have really shown it off.

This UFO has been the worst of the worst - A Stalled UFO! I have had it on my quarterly finishing challenge for Q1, Q2 AND Q3. It was orginally a twin size quilt from the book "Open a Can of Worms" by Debbie Caffrey. The coins were from an online swap and had been sewn together in 2006.

But I just wasn't feeling it anymore... so I decided to downsize it into a Project Linus size (about 48" x 60"). I used the leftover coins to make a pieced backing. Now that it is FINALLY done I'm kind of loving it again!

I really like how the quilting turned out on this one so I'm including a closeup pic.

oksewglad 09-24-2013 09:43 AM

I really like your simple quilting lines; asimplelife. :thumbup: A cute backing as well.

Emma S 09-24-2013 09:58 AM

Atlantis the Quilt that is a Continent

1 Attachment(s)
Well here it is, she measures 130 X 130. Never say never, but it is going to be a long time before I make another king sized quilt. Thank you everyone for "listening" to be moan month after month after .......! The best thing about this one is that its done.

Finally I can go to the next UFO, a blue and white Irish Chain. Only 98 X 98.