Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

carriem 12-04-2013 05:04 PM

missgiglewings--great finish...one more "check" for the year. :)

asimplelife 12-06-2013 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
missgigglewings - Your quilt is a beauty! I'm sure your Mom will be thrilled.

Primary D9P hit the Finish Line today... it's what I call a "technique" UFO. I wanted to try making double 9 patches so I pulled out some 5" charms from a swap, made about 4 blocks and moved onto the next shiny idea! LOL It will go in the pile for my next Project Linus drop off.

oksewglad 12-06-2013 04:12 PM

asimplelife cold + snow= quilts done!!! Another winner.

carriem 12-06-2013 07:48 PM

asimplelife--another bright quilt! I've made many D9P quilts...one is sandwiched and ready to quilt.

AngeliaNR 12-06-2013 09:00 PM

Beautiful D9P!

carriem 12-11-2013 01:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I *finally* finished the crazy quilt I was hired to do...I've had it since February and didn't start until November. He said it didn't matter when it got finished, so I finished other quilts and then my shoulder started hurting. I don't have a finished picture, but here is the before...I took off the old borders (water damage and moth holes), added a new one, then tied it and put the binding on. I am going to try to get a picture when I deliver it and have a couple tall people to hold it up (it finished 84"x84").

Today I also got the binding on a baby quilt...it is flannel on the front and minky on the back. My sister is due with her 3rd baby in March. (~30"x30")

I will pay for it tonight (shoulder still hurts), but wanted to have both done before the end of the year.

asimplelife 12-11-2013 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Way to go carriem - I hope your shoulder doesn't get too sore!

My quilting has been interrupted a bit by this little missy who my husband rescued from our freezing cold weather last Friday night when he went to pick up a friend for a basketball game. She had been hanging around his home trying to get inside.

It seems she was abandoned as no one is looking for her, our vet pronounced her in good health yesterday and we have named her Elsa ("Born Free" anyone?). She is such a cuddly sweet natured kitty... my heart just breaks thinking of her shivering and hungry. She is keeping the quilt I'm binding in place nicely as you can see!

oksewglad 12-11-2013 04:19 PM

What a sweet Elsa! Yes ♫ Born free as free as the wind blows ♫

WTG Carrie. Take care of the shoulder, okay?

Emma S 12-11-2013 04:25 PM

Carrie: That crazy quilt is lovely, well worth saving. Would love to be able to look at it close up. Never seen one quite like it. Congrats on the double finish!
AaaaaHHHHH...... such a cutie. Can't imagine a kitten outside in a Minnesota winter. Looks like she has settled right in and is greatful for the food and warmth.

carriem 12-11-2013 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
asimplelife--very cute kitten :)

Emma--here is one close up I took (again before I tied it). It is a beautiful quilt...too bad they don't know who made it. Just a female family member (aunt or grandma maybe).