Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

wildyard 02-06-2013 04:35 PM

I am happy to report that I have stitched around the designs on all 52 of the tshirt blocks now!!! I did the last 8 today.
Next I'll be adding fabric strips around each block. I have some of the 2.5" strips cut, but will have to cut more so I have a lot of variety. But one of the harder parts is done!!! Yayyyy...

BoJangles 02-06-2013 04:56 PM

Gramquilter2, I love the wall hanging! Wow, stones and beading! That is going to be the one thing all the grandkids will fight over after you are gone! Remember, these quilts will out live us! What a great way to encase all the grandkids in one place!

Nancy

dublb 02-06-2013 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by foxylady4748 (Post 5843266)
Hi, I'm new to the quilting board, saw this thread and said great, this is just what I need. I moved recently and found several UFO's I have forgot about. I will be quilting one tommorrow. My LQS allows you to rent time on their quilting machine and I've made my appt.

Will send a picture as soon as it's bound.

Hey foxylady! So glad that ya are here. This is our sister thread.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...h-t210452.html It is where we post what we are workin' on. This thread is where we post what we have finished. (O' course no one would be up set if ya did it the other say around, :) ) Feel free ta post & show us what ya are doin'. We love encouragin' each other.

mom-6 02-07-2013 08:04 PM

Ok I'm trying to get my nerve up to attempt finishing the binding in DGS birthday quilt by machine. Have it stitched on the back, pulled around and pinned. Gotta get it done because his birthday is next week and I'm going to be leaving in the morning for opening weekend at Sherwood Forest Faire. Have to finish setting up the booth (candles, not quilts) tomorrow. Not sure whether I will be coming home Sunday night or sometime Monday.

annesthreads 02-07-2013 11:51 PM

Gramquilter2: What a pretty quilt, and a clever way to celebrate your family.

lots2do 02-08-2013 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5843150)
Oh gramquilter2 I really love it! There will never be another one like it! Awesome!:thumbup:

Wow, I love it, too. Such a bright and pretty design and I love how you put the picture and the names in. You are also blessed with so many g.c.

asimplelife 02-08-2013 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gramquilter2 (Post 5842979)
I have finally finished one UFO, this one was started in December 2011 right after Christmas.
It is a pieced, quilted & beaded wallhanging of our 9 grandchildren.

I just LOVE this! So special and beautiful... great job!

"Color Me Happy" is UFO Finish #10 for 2013. I'm hooking on quilting with these freehand walking foot waves! They are so fun to do, not to mention fast and easy. This quilt will be donated to Project Linus.

wildyard 02-08-2013 09:41 AM

Mom-6, just jump on that binding!! It will be quick and easy and you will be so happy to have it done and off your list!!! And we want to see the pictures!!!

Wow, asimplelife, you are really on a roll!! I love your Color Me Happy quilt. So very bright and cheerful. I also love those wavy quilting lines.

dublb 02-08-2013 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by asimplelife (Post 5847033)
I just LOVE this! So special and beautiful... great job!

"Color Me Happy" is UFO Finish #10 for 2013. I'm hooking on quilting with these freehand walking foot waves! They are so fun to do, not to mention fast and easy. This quilt will be donated to Project Linus.

This is such a happy quilt!:thumbup:

cattailsquilts 02-08-2013 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WootWoot! Another finish! :)

Rainbow quilted grow chart, going in my shop once I can a) get it to lay flat and b) get some better pics. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393947[/ATTACH]