Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

michelleoc 03-08-2013 11:55 AM

March UFO completed!

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400549[/ATTACH]Here's a UFO for March. It's a fall table topper and there are a lot of "firsts" with this one. First time using glue to sandwich and to bind; first time doing an actual binding rather than pulling the back to the front (I really need to practice mitering!); and first time FMQ on DSM without frame, doing something other than meandering.

Emma S 03-08-2013 04:54 PM

Simple Life: I feel your pain. My "fix" went smoothly and didn't take as long as I had thought it would, hope your's goes the same way.
Dori: Love your color selections, what a beautiful quilt. Congrads on the finish.
Michelle: Your table runner is gorgeous. Yet another great finish.

ludlowquiltandsew 03-08-2013 10:24 PM

What a pretty table topper. I like the cornerstones - nice touch. Really pretty fabric.

ludlowquiltandsew 03-08-2013 10:26 PM

Thanks, DoriDes. Your quilt sounds great. I've never joined in a fabric swap - sounds like it's time I tried one!

ludlowquiltandsew 03-08-2013 10:28 PM

Gorgeous quilt - really rich fabrics.

nanna-up-north 03-10-2013 04:49 AM

Wow!! I looked back a few pages and you all are doing such a great job getting those UFOs finished. Can anyone join in at any time? Do you have to get one done every month? I'll have to start checking this post every day. I need the inspiration!!!

michelleoc 03-10-2013 08:09 AM

nanna-up-north: Join us! It's very helpful to see what everyone is accomplishing. I know it's made me get with it and stop wasting so much time!

wildyard 03-10-2013 09:01 AM

nanna-up-north, yes you just jump on this UFO train and we will toot the whistle in welcome!! We set our goal at one UFO a month, but that is just a guideline. You will set your own goals and we will cheer you on, offer encouragement and support (and advice if asked).
Each of us works at our own pace as life and body allow. So welcomeeeeee to our wonderful group, and we are so happy to have you. Whoooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo............ .. the train whistle blows for youuuuu.

We have a sister thread where you can show the projects you are working on and talk about them there. This thread is for showing the finished piece and celebrating your accomplishment!

Sherryquilts 03-10-2013 05:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well, finally - I have a couple of finishes. I had good intentions last year and I did start AND finish some projects that I had to do (like baby quilts and Christmas presents) but UFOs, not so much. Life and work got busy and as you can see by the dates on the labels I did 'finish' these last year, but I finally took the time to make the labels and finish the last two feet of binding. Gumballs is 104"x104", and quilted on my Bernina. Log cabin was QAYG, about 78"x91".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401053[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]401054[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]401055[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]401056[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]401057[/ATTACH]

nanna-up-north 03-10-2013 05:22 PM

Sherry, They are both beautiful. .... and so BIG! WoW!!