Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-fabric-moratorium-t238230.html)

PaperPrincess 01-06-2014 05:47 AM

2014 Fabric Moratorium

Here are the general guidelines:
* Pull fabric from your stash. No fabric purchases to start a new quilt top from Jan 1 until November 1
What you can buy (fabric wise) is this:
* Yardage for backing, border or binding, to tie together fabric from your stash to start a new project or complete a UFO
* Special Request fabric, eg: for little Susie's wedding quilt who's favorite color is puce, which for some reason you don't have in your stash...
As the year progresses, post your updates here. We can support and encourage each other, post tips on how you use your stash, and any planned new projects where you shopped your stash!
Let us know about falling off the wagon, everyone enjoys a great excuse to purchase fabric.
As stated these are guidelines, there are no Moratorium police! Just start using all that gorgeous fabric in your stash, after all, that's what you bought it for!

kyquiltlover1942 01-07-2014 03:55 AM

This was to be my 3rd year of not buying on impulse. So the first thing my neice is doing the baby rom in hot pink and lime green. As of this moment, this is the only fabric I intend to buy this year, except for maybe backings.

Halo 01-07-2014 05:36 AM

but, but,but!!!!!

pokeyscorner 01-07-2014 05:55 AM

I'm in again. I really need it. It sure did help to slow me down! I still look like a small LQS.:o:p

coopah 01-07-2014 06:20 AM

OK!!! All you all hold me to this one...I just bought some reds from CThreads....but, but, but .... it is to go with other reds to do a red/white quilt. So have I broken the moratorium already? This will be difficult for me, but I really need to sit at the machine and not in the fabric shops or on this Board! (Leads me astray!)

Stitch124 01-07-2014 06:25 AM

For my Christmas present from my DH, I just bought about $250.00 worth of fabric for specific patterns. I have no excuse for buying more fabric. Only need batting and backing (I use high quality bleached muslin.)

Nope - no reason for more fabric at all!

meanmom 01-07-2014 06:44 AM

I did this last year and need to join in again this year. I did pretty well last year. I am going to make up kits for a guild sew in out of my stash. There are fabrics that I will never use.

quilt9226 01-07-2014 10:09 AM

I'm in - so far this year I have resisted buying fabric, except for white flannel for design wall, and since I have so much (we're talking bolts and bolts) I will not sew it all in my lifetime. I'm part of a nonprofit that makes and gives away quilts and even with donating my fabric for those quilts I never will use it all.

KatFish 01-07-2014 10:37 AM

I'm in again. This worked pretty well for me last year. I really want to get rid of some of the stuff I bought because it was on sale, when I was just starting out and nothing really goes with any of it.

oksewglad 01-07-2014 10:38 AM

Another follower here. So proud of myself--week 1--successful--no fabric purchases for 2014 yet,