Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

happylab 08-13-2014 08:15 PM

Last night I stayed up until 03am and went through several containers of UFO's and quilt tops that need to be quilted. I found several which I had completely forgotten about. I plan to finish 3 of them by the end of the year. 2 of theses were just cut out, I never even sewed a stitch. One of them is a sewn top, just needs to be quilted, which is a batik scrappy mystery quilt, I followed on line 2 years ago. Another is a wall hanging, in my favorite colors. I decided to take 2 of theses on a retreat later this month and work on them. Hopefully I will have the tops done by the end of the retreat. I'll keep you posted and post pic later in the week as I start working on them. Bye. And happy sewing.

AngeliaNR 08-13-2014 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by michelleoc (Post 6834822)
Welcome to the group to all those willing to admit they have UFOs! Please try to post pictures so we can ooh and aah over your quilts and so I can count them up to add to our total each month. We're getting a lot done!

jwardknits - your quilt is just beautiful! I think I'm going to have to do some research on mystery quilts. Don't know how that works...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]486551[/ATTACH]My first one for August. A friend gave me a panel that I had no idea what to do with. The blocks tend to be odd sizes on panels. I decided to do a 9-patch pizazz, thanks to a brilliant suggestion by someone here on the Board!

I just got my book and am looking forward to trying one of these!

SandyinZ4 08-15-2014 07:32 PM

I almost feel like a stranger here because I have been so busy I haven't had time to read or post much...but I really do think I will get one more UFO finished this month. Hope to post a picture sometime after the 19th. It is a baby quilt and will be headed off to Germany for new baby girl who is due to arrive in Nov. so I should have plenty of time, yet. I started this in 2011 and had no plans for it other than seeing a picture in a magazine and thinking...I can make that!" Well, I did...just didn't finish it. LOL. So it has come in handy to have. Look for a picture soon. Love everyone else's finished projects. So great to have all of the newest folk here too.

wildyard 08-16-2014 08:24 AM

SandyinZ4, I know what you mean! I am so far behind in getting things done. Now my machine is broken and I am going to have to replace it. The presser bar is bent and can't be repaired for less than the machine is worth. :(
I am using my old Singer in the meantime and plugging along, but just not making much progress. I do have two tops done and ready to be layered and quilted. Only one is a UFO, the other is a comfort quilt.

Don't be discouraged tho, one day before we know it, TA DAAAAA, we will have a finish to post!!! It's happened before and it will happen again. Smiles and huggggggs!

SandyinZ4 08-16-2014 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Linda for the encouragement. What a bummer about your sewing machine. Sending good vibes that someone near you will have the perfect one for sale and you can get it and get back to sewing lots! Guess what! I caught up on all my chores today so finished sewing on the binding to the aforementioned quilt that will be going off to Germany soon. Ta Da! So sharing a picture. It is 48 " x 48". It looks hard but is mostly HST and easy peasy if you have a place to lay it out. I did it in 4 sections and then sewed then together.

Emma S 08-16-2014 07:29 PM

Sandy: What a beautiful bright quilt, I foresee she will love it and drag it along as her binky.

michelleoc 08-17-2014 07:39 AM

Sandy: Absolutely beautiful quilt!

giquilt 08-17-2014 11:02 AM

I am in another on line group for UFOs so I will also post here. Quilting on a BOM from 2012 called Hello Sun. Cute appliquéd 6" blocks set in stars. Will post Pic as soon as finished.

jwardknits 08-17-2014 06:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got a couple more UFO's done. I completed the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt Celtic Solstice and a jean quilt for a friend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]488053[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]488054[/ATTACH]

jwardknits 08-17-2014 06:25 PM

Sandy, you have made a beautiful quilt. Love the bright colors.