Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

elly66 01-11-2017 06:07 AM

Libster that quilt is beautiful! What a great finish.

QuilterMomma 01-11-2017 08:37 AM

Nice poncho Rob. Good story also.
Libster, beautiful boom swap quilt.

Alitariss, I put my projects on an excel spreadsheet to help me keep track. I am glad I did. It helps to keep me under control. I am slowly getting the UFO projects done first.

None finished yet, but working on them. Having to do a wedding scrap quilt first, then a couple of finishes will be coming along the pike.

cherrybsixty 01-11-2017 08:47 AM

QuilterMomma, looking forward to seeing some more of your UFO completes, I love the way you do colors.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my chatter, just trying to stay activity with the board. And I am working on a project for my #3 grandson it's been lying in that pile for three years, it's time to shake it out. Happy UFO'ing.

Belfrybat 01-11-2017 09:12 AM

Thank you for the link to the tute on QAYG, Libster.

SandyinZ4 01-11-2017 05:14 PM

I second the thanks for the link to the QAYG tutorial. Thanks Libster.

Jeanine 01-11-2017 05:21 PM

Some Chatter from me. Not much to report except frustration. I decided to finish a baby quilt. Expected to take just a few hours to finish, only needed quilting and binding. Well, I started off well, then started having problems with stitching being wierd. Turns out the needle had bent at the end. Began again. I was about 3/4 of the way done when I began to get rat's nests on the bottom. Cleaned, etc. Tore out, restitch. Over and over again. I decided to use my trusty old machine to finish it. I got it partly done and same problem. I threw it across the room, back it was going to the UFO and I off the the store to buy a gift. But I couldn't let that quilt beat me. So I didn't leave the house. Finished the quilting by hand. Won't look as great but it would be done. Then the binding. Well, I got it half on and the nests began again. GRRRR. Turns out a little 2 yr old helper reset the tension to zero. LOL

MadQuilter 01-11-2017 06:31 PM

Oh no, Jeanine. Those little hands sure are fast.

oksewglad 01-11-2017 07:19 PM

But glad that's all the problem was, Jeanine...yes those little ones can be so quick...

happynana 01-11-2017 08:50 PM

Libster that is a beautiful quilt!! you should be proud of yourself for finishing it. And I love the poncho looks like it would be super cozy. I went digging in my sewing room closet and found 4 UFOs lurking there. Two of which were started the year my husband was terminally ill, and put away One of them I can't find the pattern for sigh. Usually keep everything together but heck it has been over 3 years now soooo will put that one aside til the pattern shows up. i am in the middle of finishing up a panel qilt for Christmas that has been sitting waiting for over a year 1/2 way done with the top anyway :).

Jeanine 01-12-2017 11:56 AM

Thanks oksewglad and MadQuilter. About that 2 year old, She came to me yesterday with a pin saying "here you go". She had taken in out of the quilt and brought it to me to put it away. She was so proud of herself! Perhaps I have a budding quilter.