Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

amelia0607 09-10-2013 02:46 PM

Thank you, Difergie. I'm in TN also. Which region?

Difergie 09-10-2013 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by amelia0607 (Post 6285660)
Thank you, Difergie. I'm in TN also. Which region?

I am in east tn...between Chattanooga and Knoxville ...a small town called Sweetwater..been here almost 7 years...love it!

amh 09-11-2013 09:19 AM

I am so happy I have found this post. I'm sure I'll do some lurking for awhile. I have just recently developed a need to create art quilts as opposed to pieced quilts. I have a project or two in my mind and am happy to have found a group of people who may be able to help me when I am searching for solutions.

Aileen
Saskatoon SK Canada

jolo 09-12-2013 05:38 AM

Art qults

Originally Posted by amh (Post 6287045)
I am so happy I have found this post. I'm sure I'll do some lurking for awhile. I have just recently developed a need to create art quilts as opposed to pieced quilts. I have a project or two in my mind and am happy to have found a group of people who may be able to help me when I am searching for solutions.

Aileen
Saskatoon SK Canada

You will have so much fun. I do art quilts. Finding the fabric to represent the object of the whatever.~~~~ I find fabs that look like wood grain red or grey for old barns,trees ,grasses, and sky and water. Snow covered mountains. Wow !!!! makes me want to go start another one. I need to do some more UFOs first. lol

goldendog55 09-12-2013 10:50 AM

I have been lurking due to a lot of health issues. I have an opticlal illusion quilt that I will post when I get my camera card back and my computer working well again. It is something I've had around a long time, but I have put it up on my wall recently, and I have become very fascinated with it again, so will try to finish it this year to put it into a fair contest. Most of the fabrics were my hand-dyes. I also have a very nice landscape quilt that I sold, but again, I need to wait for my tech stuff to be working again.

Difergie 09-12-2013 12:24 PM

I would love to see your optical illusion quilt as our guild's challenge this year is " illusions"....maybe it will give me some ideas!

ps. Nice website

nancia 09-12-2013 12:40 PM

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
One of the problems/ delights of being an artist, is we each imagine things differently. That is why pictures are sooooo vital!
Amelia-- prayers to you and yours. Feel like we' re running parallel lives at the moment! My ddil is in California and Disney land, wish i could have gone, too. My inner child would love to escape reality for awhile!

kaelynangelfoot 09-12-2013 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Optical illusions are my favorite - I'm playing around with some ideas for Escher-type quilts. I would love to see pictures of other optical illusion quilts. Here is one I made as a practice wall hanging. I call is Disappearing Cube Trick. Not really related to this month's challenge though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]435622[/ATTACH]

amelia0607 09-12-2013 02:56 PM

Very nice, Kaelyn!!!

amelia0607 09-12-2013 02:58 PM

Thank you all for your prayers for my daughter. She lost the baby. This will be her 5th miscarriage in a little over a year. The doctors can't find a reason but they will be doing some more texting over the next few weeks.