Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Build a quilt around a central character you design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/build-quilt-around-central-character-you-design-t194381.html)

QuiltE 10-16-2012 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction (Post 5591030)
:D QuiltE and works4me you crack me up. I like both of your signatures exactly how I feel. :thumbup:

Whatdya think, W4Me????... should we mix up some plaster to patch those cracks in QAddiction? :)

QAddiction ....... we're looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

vickig626 10-17-2012 05:05 AM

I LOVE the original Star Trek -- can't wait to see what you come up with. If DH doesn't love it, you can always send it to me LOL

My Doctor Who idea is slowly progressing "in my mind". Hoping to start working on it real soon and get pics posted.

QuiltE 10-17-2012 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by vickig626 (Post 5591678)
I LOVE the original Star Trek -- can't wait to see what you come up with. If DH doesn't love it, you can always send it to me LOL

My Doctor Who idea is slowly progressing "in my mind". Hoping to start working on it real soon and get pics posted.

Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! :)

works4me 10-17-2012 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5591776)
Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! :)

I second that.

Jenniky 10-18-2012 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5586915)
Franky is surrounded. Still need to add the burgundy around the edges and then a wider border and then ???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]369949[/ATTACH]

Franky looks absolutely awesome...W4ME. Well Mikey and friends are on temporary hold. Im waiting for my fabrics for the Rudolph quilt to come in and I was working on some small nine patches and then I remembered a wallhanging in one of my quilting magazines that had nine patches in it.. so. Today working on a small Character project. Here is what I have together so far. Now to look for scraps for the witch and her cat and cauldron.. LOL

I will post what I get done on the characters at the end of the day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370775[/ATTACH]

Have a beautiful day :)

works4me 10-18-2012 10:21 AM

Thanks Jenniky. Looking forward to seeing your new buddies. And welcome back here, too.

QuiltE 10-18-2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5594774)
Franky looks absolutely awesome...W4ME. Well Mikey and friends are on temporary hold. Im waiting for my fabrics for the Rudolph quilt to come in and I was working on some small nine patches and then I remembered a wallhanging in one of my quilting magazines that had nine patches in it.. so. Today working on a small Character project. Here is what I have together so far. Now to look for scraps for the witch and her cat and cauldron.. LOL

I will post what I get done on the characters at the end of the day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370775[/ATTACH]

Have a beautiful day :)

Yipppeeeeeeeeee!!! Jenniky's back and right at 'em!!
Wonderful news ... and looking forward to seeing just what shows up in the centre of the frame! :)

Quiltaddiction 10-19-2012 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by vickig626 (Post 5591678)

I keep changing my mind from just a head to a full body I've just been watching an original series episode on TV with DH and giggling on the inside :p

Jenniky 10-19-2012 03:12 AM

Didn't take a picture last night when I stopped for the evening. I'm using the Pellon fusible interfacing for the appliqued pieces took me all day to just make all the tiny parts. Would of been easier to just glue the pieces on and then satin stitch around them. I will get all the parts sewed on today though for sure. :) Have a wonderful morning ladies.

Jen

Jenniky 10-19-2012 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my candy corn witch and her lil black cat. :) I just finished running a basting stitch and tomorrow I will start machine quilting. Was a fun little project. My husband is requesting a headless horseman.. I just looked at him. REALLY! I guess a candy corn witch just doesnt do anything for him.. LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]371069[/ATTACH]