Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Build a quilt around a central character you design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/build-quilt-around-central-character-you-design-t194381.html)

Quiltaddiction 10-21-2012 10:08 PM

Frankie is fabulous! I'd love to see your stash :shock:

works4me 10-22-2012 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5602633)
Unbelievable! ... you have a bigger spider web stash than many have for their whole stash!! :)

And your point? :D

Yes, the stash is incredible, if I do say so myself. I have one of those huge, dome-lid totes that is now filled to the rafters with just Halloween. I can make Halloween quilts with just pumpkins, just witches, just monsters, just haunted houses, just bats, just cats... I can even make a quilt using three different hearse fabrics!!! :) You get the scary picture, I'm sure. And I only buy fabrics that I like. I've turned down a whole lot, too.

And then there's the regular stash. Oodles there, too. It is truly an obsession.

QuiltE 10-22-2012 06:38 PM

Obsession? .... I think it's more of a disease!
And I have it baaaaaaaad ..... and I'll have you know that you're not helping with a resolution, either!!! :D

Quiltaddiction 10-22-2012 07:11 PM

I'm starting to show symptons (I think it's in plague proportions here:D :D :D )

QuiltE 10-22-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction (Post 5605270)
I'm starting to show symptons (I think it's in plague proportions here:D :D :D )

:D We sent it your direction!
......... watch out for the worldwide pandemic! :D

btiny36 10-22-2012 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I seen this picture, can't remember where sadly can't give credit, but thought wow that would be a really cool quilt, so I played with it in my EQ program and this is what he looks like. Not sure what to call him though.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]371825[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 10-23-2012 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by btiny36 (Post 5605527)
Ok I seen this picture, can't remember where sadly can't give credit, but thought wow that would be a really cool quilt, so I played with it in my EQ program and this is what he looks like. Not sure what to call him though.

Welcome BTiny ... don't fret about the name ... Make him ... the name will come!

works4me 10-23-2012 11:42 AM

welcome btiny36. He's great. Looks a little like a super hero gone bad. That's a good thing, in case you weren't sure. :) Looking forward to seeing progress.

This goes for everyone. Hello? I can't have all the fun by myself you know.

kuseta 10-26-2012 10:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I've been reading along and you all are making some great quilts! I finally found time to start my frog quilt. I love frogs and bought this fabric last year with no particular plans. I came across it the other day and decided I'd use it for this. the colors are different - much more of blue-green, but I found a few from my stash that I think look ok. I might have to go shopping (darn!) for something in the yellow-green or olive range to go with it.

I enjoy making drunkard's path blocks and found this frog layout online, so will start there and add as I go. I should be able to finish the frog this weekend and will post again when he's done.

BTW his name will be Jeremiah, of course.

Tammy

QuiltE 10-26-2012 06:20 PM

Jeremiah is going to be a charmer, for sure!

What an unique way to use the drunkard's path block pattern.
It'll be interesting to see how you use each of the fabrics.

Here's to a Happy Quilty Froggy weekend for you! :)