Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Build a quilt around a central character you design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/build-quilt-around-central-character-you-design-t194381.html)

QuiltE 01-07-2013 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5768731)
Spent a little time with Franky yesterday. He is now a sandwich. I know what colour thread I want to use to quilt him so need to make sure I have it.

After Franky I have to decide if I do a small project or go straight into my next character quilt which also works for the patriotic challenge.

Yea for a Franky Sandwich! :)
Can't wait to see him at the finale!!!!

works4me 01-17-2013 09:01 AM

Slow progress on Franky as I was still in cross stitching mode and then got the flu.

But, the central Franky square is almost done. I have even done a decorative stitch to define the arms and legs. Just need to stitch his neck bolts then I can move on to the surrounding blocks.

happykidshappylife 01-17-2013 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388644[/ATTACH]I made a couple of quilts a few years back when I was just starting to quilt, they are inspired by things my girls loved at the time, like flowers and dogs. Let me know what you ladies think.

happykidshappylife 01-17-2013 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388652[/ATTACH]I thought I had posted this already. Anyway, I made a couple of quilts when I first started, these were designed with flowers and this little dog as they were things my girls loved at the time, the polka dots were my fabric of choice and I wanted something that they could use for a long time. Let me know what you think!

Fuzzykittenbutt 01-17-2013 01:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
aww, your pink, black and white quilt is very cute! love the contrast and that it's all polka dots!

and its a good thing that you ladies posted recently, because it reminded me that I forgot to update you on the sheep and owl baby quilt. I finished it on Sunday and it's now being enjoyed by my friend's baby! :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388669[/ATTACH]
Front

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388670[/ATTACH]
Close-Up of Center Panel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388671[/ATTACH]
Back

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388672[/ATTACH]
Close-Up of Hand-Embroidered Label on Back

I posted more info on the hand-quilting etc in the picture section if you're interested.

QuiltE 01-17-2013 07:21 PM

FuzzyKitty ... absolutely adorable!!!!! I'll skip on over and check out the other link. I'm sure your friend is very appreciative and it will be a keeper for baby Mogen!

HappyKidsHappyLife ... That`s a cute quilt ... now maybe you`ll join us on this thread and make something based on character(s) that your kids are into now. Or like many of the others on this thread, something that the quilter is into!

Works4Me ... Glad that you have been able to get back to Franky! I bet that he has enjoyed watching over you as you worked on your other projects. :) Looking forward to seeing him again soon!!!

Fuzzykittenbutt 01-18-2013 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5793957)
FuzzyKitty ... absolutely adorable!!!!! I'll skip on over and check out the other link. I'm sure your friend is very appreciative and it will be a keeper for baby Mogen!

Aww, thanks! and hehe, I knew I forgot something...the translation! "Mögen Deine Träume Dich beflügen!" is German for "May your dreams lend you wings!" I anonymized the baby's name on the fabric card in the owl's mouth above the label (hence the strange thick black line), wasn't sure if mom and dad wanted it posted or not.

QuiltE 01-18-2013 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Fuzzykittenbutt (Post 5794616)
Aww, thanks! and hehe, I knew I forgot something...the translation! "Mögen Deine Träume Dich beflügen!" is German for "May your dreams lend you wings!" I anonymized the baby's name on the fabric card in the owl's mouth above the label (hence the strange thick black line), wasn't sure if mom and dad wanted it posted or not.

I bet you had a laugh on me! :D
And to think I saw that black line ... and didnt clue in! :)

It's still a specially thought thru gift for the Baby ... and certainly is going to be a keeper.
Will the Mom use it? Or keep it for a show quilt only?

Fuzzykittenbutt 01-18-2013 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5795122)
I bet you had a laugh on me! :D
And to think I saw that black line ... and didnt clue in! :)

It's still a specially thought thru gift for the Baby ... and certainly is going to be a keeper.
Will the Mom use it? Or keep it for a show quilt only?

hehe.

Yep, she's already using it...I made it very clear that the baby is allowed to get the quilt dirty and that it's meant to be used and loved. :-) He has already been laying on it checking out all the colors and patterns...she said the first time he did so was the longest he had ever laid on his stomach alone without crying, so I guess he approves. :-)

QuiltE 01-18-2013 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fuzzykittenbutt (Post 5795508)
hehe.

Yep, she's already using it...I made it very clear that the baby is allowed to get the quilt dirty and that it's meant to be used and loved. :-) He has already been laying on it checking out all the colors and patterns...she said the first time he did so was the longest he had ever laid on his stomach alone without crying, so I guess he approves. :-)

What a grand story and memory of it being used!
I gave my Ted E. Bear quilt to a baby, and made it clear it was to be used.
She told me oh yes .... and when I checked another time, I found out that yes, they use it ... though when it's on the floor, they cover it with a sheet, to keep it clean! Well, at least it's being used! :D