Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Build a quilt around a central character you design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/build-quilt-around-central-character-you-design-t194381.html)

QuiltE 05-02-2013 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by kuseta (Post 6039366)
The plaid is my design wall. That dark blue is a pretty batik and will have to get more of it. might use that for borders too. Thanks.

Audition it, before you commit to the purchase. I think it will be lovely, and help let everything look like it is floating on a pond. Though IRL auditioning is your best way to check and know!

Your white paper cut out ... is that your quilting template for over top of the lilypads? (which look like pac men!) Great idea!!!

kuseta 05-03-2013 05:37 AM

The white paper is a lily. I might applique a few on the lily pads and then quilt the others with the same pattern. They do look like PacMen. That might be my next quilt because I really enjoy the drunkard's path pattern.

QuiltE 05-03-2013 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by kuseta (Post 6041548)
The white paper is a lily. I might applique a few on the lily pads and then quilt the others with the same pattern. They do look like PacMen. That might be my next quilt because I really enjoy the drunkard's path pattern.

That'd be a perfect touch ... a few pads in bloom, and some not. Maybe some frogs quilted in the background too?

kuseta 05-09-2013 10:35 AM

Jeremiah the frog

1 Attachment(s)
Here he is, almost done. the top is together, I'm still going to applique some white lilies on a few of the lily pads. the paisley type fabric at the top and bottom was the inspiration for the whole thing. I bought it without any plan and should have gotten more, but oh well. I have a very bright yellow-green for binding that should frame it well.

jolo 05-10-2013 03:53 AM

I like it , I have followed all thru this thread. I have not created and original just finishing a Dear Jane, I call my scrappy DJ. all scraps. Jo

works4me 05-13-2013 10:28 AM

kuseta, it looks wonderful. Nicely done.

jolo - this thread continues as long as there is interest so feel free to start a new character project and share with us. We'd love to see it.

As to Franky, he is currently a kitty pillow as he patiently waits for me to finish a couple of other projects so I can get back to his quilting.

petthefabric 05-17-2013 11:07 PM

Just found this thread. Nice idea. Think I'll try something with the forest in mind. Maybe a deer eating my garden. Or a bear in the garbage can. Or the scrawny wild turkeys..... Another creative mind takes off.....

T-Anne 05-19-2013 08:11 AM

Way cute and how creative you both are!

works4me 05-19-2013 03:29 PM

petthefabric - sounds fun. I hope you do join us.

T-Anne - thanks for looking. I hope we can entice you to join the fun.

works4me 08-11-2013 06:23 PM

Franky has come out of hiding. The centre section is quilted and I am starting the outer blocks now. I hope to keep rolling along and finish ahead of my original BOM schedule.