Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

JeanieG 08-01-2012 03:28 PM

Yeah for Mr and Mrs. Jenniky!!! Sounds like a perfect situation for you!

QuiltE 08-01-2012 03:37 PM

Absolutely ... a perfect situation indeed ... and love the view that you will have!!! :)
It's ever so nice that you get in when it is totally new ... awesome indeed!
And I hope that it has one huge sewing room for you to enjoy ........ all to yourself and your creativity.

I'm so happy for you,
Jenniky ... these weeks will fly past and before you know it, you'll be there!!!!!!!

Muv 08-02-2012 03:22 AM

Hello Everyone, sorry I haven't been posting here recently. It's mainly been because I haven't touched my project for over a fortnight, but I've started again. I had to re-draw the pattern for the Scots pine, and today I'm doing the first bit of machine sewing.

Judith and Patricia - lovely quilts!

Jenniky - all the best with the move!

Jenniky 08-02-2012 03:45 AM

Thanks everyone for the congradulations and best wishes. :) I have already been lectured by my family that I am to focus on my quilting and let them take care of the move or they will tie me to my chair until it is time to load the chair. :D :D.

Muv - Have missed hearing from you. :)

Have a wonderful day ladies. :)

QuiltE 08-02-2012 04:58 PM

Ladies!!!!!!! Loooookeeee Loookeeeee .... we're on Page 100!!!

Muv ... good to see you back with us. I'd been wondering were you were, and figured there was probably lots of action not to be missed down at The George for the Olympics, and that you were there and part of it all!! :) You made good progress while on holidays, so guess, you took your quilting holiday, after you returned! :)

Jenniky ... what a good family you must have. Now to make sure they come thru with their promises!!!!! :)

Me? ... I'll be somewhat a moving target the next couple of months. Hoping for some sewing sanity breaks, though am not going to get myself too expectant of what I will accomplish.

works4me 08-05-2012 04:49 PM

Great Jenniky, that the family is so supportive.

Muv, you have been missed. Good to have you back.

QuiltE, you and me both, for the next month anyway. I am just starting the company year-end and picked up a custom order for 7 sets of 2 Irish coffee mugs last weekend. That order has morphed into 18 sets and the design has become more complicated. Due date: the end of August.

So, poor Franky just watches over my shoulder whenever I manage to get into the sewing/computer room to work on the computer for the mug designs. And Franky needs to be finished before I start my next patriotic quilt. I already have the design figured out, mostly, so that is good.

I DID manage to take a little break Friday and wash and iron a bunch of new spider fabric for Franky, though, so all is not lost. :)

QuiltE 08-05-2012 05:01 PM

W4Me ... isn't it a B....... to be successful and in demand! :) Talk about a morphed order. And you keep saying this is a hobby? hahahaha!~

I have no idea what my next patriotic project will be ... though I think it will be something more subtle (*think* trilliums). Though I do have this big box of patriotic fabrics that may pull me in a gazillion different directions!

I tell you, I really don't need this ... my brain is going to burst with all the possibilities!!!!!!!
Remember, it's all YOUR fault,
W4Me!!!!!!!!!

dublb 08-05-2012 08:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
QE I think that trilliums would be beautiful! I've got several patriotic quilts in my brain also. Mostly TX ideas. I do have my bluebonnet quilt top that I did last year. It was actually my board name quilt. I think that I'll repost it here.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353843[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353844[/ATTACH]
Someday I'll finish this!

QuiltE 08-05-2012 09:04 PM

*nudge* *nudge*
Would be a good project to finish for your new home away from home!
And a perfect addition this Patriotic Challenge .... Blue Bonnet's are your State flower. Right?

Love the blue colours!!

Re the trilliums ... the shop hop had four batiks in a trillium design that were exclusive to the ten stores in the Hop. I bought a metre of each ... and have no clue what I will do with them!! Of course, the next thing will be I will wish I had more! :)

dublb 08-05-2012 09:19 PM

Yes, bluebonnets are my state flower, so I felt they were patriotic. I also am hopin' ta encourage ya ta do somethin' w/the trillums. nudge nudge :) I also have a TX pattern & TX fabric for a darlin' Twister quilt. QNS sent me a darlin' bargello flag wallhangin' kit. I've got so many ideas & no time ta do 'em!