Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

Muv 02-10-2013 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just jumping in to say hello everyone! Hope you are all well!

Jenniky - glad to see you have found a nice shop in Arizona!

Dublb - ooh gosh, tiny work. Beautiful job. Dread to think of what I would have been muttering working on that scale.

Works4me - wonderful cathedral windows. Well worth the effort.

No patriotic projects on the go here, but I did find this in a charity shop last week. I thought of all of you and bought it. Perfect for my sewing den.

Hope you're all impressed with the screw driver in with the scissors. Sure sign of a sewing machine freak.

Happy and Glorious is the fifth line of the National Anthem. Looks jolly and cheerful with all the roses.

Love,
Muv xx

dublb 02-10-2013 06:28 PM

Oh my, W4M those cathedral windows are just too stunnin'!
Muv that is a darlin' scissors caddy! (O' course ya have ta have the screw driver in there. :) )

Jenniky 02-14-2013 07:26 PM

Muv love your box it is so elegant IMHO. Looks very handy and yes I'm impressed with your screwdriver. Im still using the small one that came with my machine.. LOL Need to buy me a nice one and add it my own basket. :)

dublb 02-14-2013 07:34 PM

(wavin') Hi Jenni!!:)

QuiltE 02-14-2013 09:18 PM

W4Me ... you're really progressing well with your project! The Cathedral Windows is my pick and I like how the leaves are peaking thru ... just like seeing leaves tumbling when you look out the window in the fall!

Muv ... Wonderful caddy! Great caddy and something I would have nabbed up pretty quick. Looking at it, I can't tell whether it is old? or a reproduction? I love going thrifting ... stop into one shop today and debated whether some linens I found were vintage or modern copycats. Wished you had been with me ... and left them in the shop.

Jenniky ... so good to see you here again! Great that you found a LQS to feel at home in. Here's wishing you many more return trips. Are you starting to think of making Arizona your permanent home? REmember, there's lots of sunshine, warmth and NO snow! (you didn't remind us of that, this time!!)

No new specific patriotic projects started for me ... though I put a patriotic spin on my PC last weekend.
Take a look at this thread ...... post #83
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...t192789-9.html

Look forward to chatting with all of you again, soon!

Muv 02-15-2013 07:05 AM

Glad you all like my patriotic box. It is a cheap and cheerful souvenir left over from last year. It's got the made in India look about it. I have to control myself in charity shops, but this box is USEFUL!

QuiltE 02-15-2013 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5862807)
Glad you all like my patriotic box. It is a cheap and cheerful souvenir left over from last year. It's got the made in India look about it. I have to control myself in charity shops, but this box is USEFUL!

You think like me ... if it's coming home, is it useful? or multi-functional?
If not, it stays.
And for any seasonal items, how much storage problems will it create?
If so, it stays!

Jenniky 02-15-2013 12:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Ladies, :)

As promised here are some pictures of my current projects. The first one is a chair cover pictures at this link http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5863455

Next here are a few pictures of one Southwestern Project and the other Traditional Fourth of July Project I'm working on.

Traditional
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395300[/ATTACH]

Southwestern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395301[/ATTACH]

Jenniky 02-15-2013 01:17 PM

QuiltE - LOL I haven't been giving the sunshine beautiful day report from here because I was concerned I was making others feel gloomy about their weather. But yes it is so beautiful. My brother does not want us to leave however the kids want us to come back to Indiana. Dgs has been having fits because Memaw and Pepaw are not there. We try talking and playing with him on Skype but he wants us RIGHT THERE! he says...he is sad. :(

Then I must share some lovely news... DD Tracy just found out she is expecting again and now she is worried I won't be there.. LOL I told her wild horses couldn't keep me away from the birth of another grandchild. She is six weeks along so there is a while to figure out what we are going to do. ???? As of now the plan is still to return mid summer. But this place is very alluring and Im getting use to living so far from everything and enjoying the open desert around me. :) Have I mentioned the stars at night. It has been a long time since I could see so many so clearly. :)

QuiltE 02-15-2013 02:45 PM

ha! we can handle the beautiful sunshine daily report ... and the stars at night!
How exciting to know you are going to be a Granny again!!! ........... and it looks like you have found your new home and life. Visits northwards can be planned and family southbound to you too!