Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

QuiltE 05-11-2012 08:45 AM

GGal ... neat way to do the square in a square, though for me, I'd probably clip right thru and into the uncut square, so I think I'd best steer clear, for safety's sake!! :) Glad that the Texas Star has resurfaced and is no longer ♫♪♪ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhHf_5-cdE ♪♪♫ And yes you will finish it before your 4th of July ........ some year!! :D How be you give us some pics of it on your design wall????

What say ALL? ... do you agree that GGal should show us some pics? :)

Muv ... Alas! we get to "see".. Yippppppeeeee!!!!!! And wow does it look wonderful. I'l be checking out your tutorial. As I said before, I haven't done applique to any extent, though am getting intrigued by it and can see me at least giving it a try!

Leggz .. Nice pattern!!! Looks like a spinoff from a Carpenter's Wheel. What are you looking for, for your border and backing choices? I can see a RW+B stripe border or what about a piano key border in the assorted fabrics you've used? Being that it's patriotic, backing would be nice in a patriotic print.

JenniKy ... oh please do show us some pics of what your applique in progress a la Muv! :)

Jenniky 05-12-2012 05:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5209675)
GGal ... neat way to do the square in a square, though for me, I'd probably clip right thru and into the uncut square, so I think I'd best steer clear, for safety's sake!! :) Glad that the Texas Star has resurfaced and is no longer ♫♪♪ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhHf_5-cdE ♪♪♫ And yes you will finish it before your 4th of July ........ some year!! :D How be you give us some pics of it on your design wall????

What say ALL? ... do you agree that GGal should show us some pics? :)

Muv ... Alas! we get to "see".. Yippppppeeeee!!!!!! And wow does it look wonderful. I'l be checking out your tutorial. As I said before, I haven't done applique to any extent, though am getting intrigued by it and can see me at least giving it a try!

Leggz .. Nice pattern!!! Looks like a spinoff from a Carpenter's Wheel. What are you looking for, for your border and backing choices? I can see a RW+B stripe border or what about a piano key border in the assorted fabrics you've used? Being that it's patriotic, backing would be nice in a patriotic print.

JenniKy ... oh please do show us some pics of what your applique in progress a la Muv! :)

Oh yes GGal I would love to see some pics..I have never done the square in square ... and Quilt E ... I was so enthused with Muv's tutorial I ended up working on using her antique applique method and made a pillow for my grandson..instead.. Oh but I do need to get on those last three squares and get my dgd's quilt top completed and off to a longarm quilter. Also the next clue is up for my patriotic quilt so wow... I need to get real busy. Posting a picture of the pillow I made using Muv's Antique method and also this was my first attempt ever at making prairie points after watching like six different tutorials. Im real please with my result..and now want to make him a matching nap blanket.. Oh my more projects on my design board. :)

QuiltE 05-12-2012 05:41 AM

JenniKy ... OMG that novelty fabric is priceless!!!!! Yea for you for jumping ship and doing something different and trying not one, but two new techniques! Sometimes we just need that break from what we are working on and switch it up. hhmmmm??? Guess maybe why we quilters have so many PUPpies?

Good for you and your Prairie Points. I've only done them as a trial of the technique and haven't had the "nerve" to go all the way for a finished project. I keep wondering if I'd get bored before I was done ... or if I could get them onto the quilt nice and evenly spread out. And I will confess, I have been contemplating them as part of my PC quilt.

Jenniky 05-12-2012 06:24 AM

QuiltE I would so urge you to go with the praire points they intimidated the heck out of me..but I just kept telling myself ..Im ready for this. I can do this and woot I did it. :) :) :) :) :) The novelty fabric is one of the items I purchased at a quilt shop near the National Quilt Museum in Kentucky. So much fun. :) :) :) :)

QuiltE 05-12-2012 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5211467)
QuiltE I would so urge you to go with the praire points they intimidated the heck out of me..but I just kept telling myself ..Im ready for this. I can do this and woot I did it. :) :) :) :) :) The novelty fabric is one of the items I purchased at a quilt shop near the National Quilt Museum in Kentucky. So much fun. :) :) :) :)

Thanks JenniKy for the encouragement .... I think it's the boredom that will intimidate me more than the actually how to of doing them!! So many for a 100x100 quilt! We're not quite at the 1/2 way point, so I have lots of time to decide and with 2 blocks per week, it'll be just before Christmas or the New Year before I'll need to make up my mind. And too, it might be too much with the busy-ness of the scrappy mix for the main part of the top. I'll definitely be doing them sometime before too long. I'm just back from picking up my FWS from the LAQ, so am totally enamoured with it, right now!!!! :D

dublb 05-12-2012 09:57 AM

Oh QuiltE I think that Prairie Points would look great w/your PC quilt. Some in blue, some in yellow & some in maroon. Wow, that would just set it off.
Now that I got my card back I'll pull out the stuff I was playin' with last fall w/the square in a square, & take picts. After my Great Nephew's B-day party.

QuiltE 05-12-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5211886)
Oh QuiltE I think that Prairie Points would look great w/your PC quilt. Some in blue, some in yellow & some in maroon. Wow, that would just set it off.

Lots of time ... we'll see when we get closer to the finish!

dublb 05-12-2012 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5211908)
Lots of time ... we'll see when we get closer to the finish!

Absolutely, lots of time!

fmhall2 05-12-2012 11:42 AM

MUV, I was wondering if your 1952 quilt is for me, since that is the year I graduated from high school. I would love it.

Muv 05-12-2012 12:06 PM

Jenniky - love the cushion! Shaun is such a lucky little boy!

Fmhall2 - looking forward to seeing the graduation photos!