Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

JeanieG 05-13-2012 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5214264)
Have a good camping trip, JeanieG ... see you back with us here and on the PC threads, the end of the week.

Hopefully the RV Park will have free WIFI. If so, I can keep caught up on what is happening. If not, I'll be reading for hours when I get home. :D

Muv 05-13-2012 02:32 PM

Skowron5 - Can't wait to see your quilt finished, you are so very nearly there!

Progress report... bought the backing for the quilt on Friday, a pretty briar rose pattern, very vintage looking, and finished making the top for the wall hanging this evening...

QuiltE 05-13-2012 02:48 PM

You're moving right along there, Muv!!! Congratulations!!!!
Now ... do we get to see the wall hanging? :)

Muv 05-13-2012 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5214360)
You're moving right along there, Muv!!! Congratulations!!!!
Now ... do we get to see the wall hanging? :)

It still needs the border, quilting and binding... once I know I haven't wrecked it!

QuiltE 05-13-2012 06:11 PM

**waiting patiently** :D

dublb 05-13-2012 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by skowron5 (Post 5214248)
I posted this on another thread, but thought I would share here too. I started this in 1998. I just finished it with an older machine and I am waiting for my Janome to be fixed so I can finish quilting it.

Oh, that's just darlin'! I can't wait till it's finished.

gardnergal970 05-14-2012 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by fmhall2 (Post 5214225)
Gardnergal, I would love to know about your applique book with the Bird of Paradise Quilt in it. I did a Bird of Paradise
block several years ago, which was a pattern from the Applique Society, but I've never done anything with it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Bountiful-Life...6999570&sr=8-1
Here is a link to the book I bought. There isn't a lot of detailed technique in the book but the patterns are complete and don't need resizing. The blocks are 14 inches for the body of the quilt and the borders are 8 inches. Beautiful pictures. No quilting patterns either. This is going to be a long time process for me but it's a beautiful pattern and individual blocks can easily be used for a wall hanging or even chair pads.

works4me 05-14-2012 07:32 AM

Wow. Don't go on the computer for a couple of days and look what happens.

Jenniky - looks GREAT! Well done.

dublb - I have bookmarked the square in a square thread. Thanks. I should be able to work on it in about a week. Was awake at just after midnight on Sunday morning so got up and got my mystery block all sandwiched and ready to quilt. When that is done. Canada D'Eh gets my full attention.

JeanieG - glad you joined us and looking forward to seeing some potholders.

skowron5 - so glad you are planning to finish your patriotic UFO with us. It looks wonderful. What is the significance of the sailboats? Tell us a story. :)

Muv - wow, what progress. Didn't you originally say you were planning to be finished in October? Well done. Hope we provided some inspiration and sooo looking forward to seeing the finished project, or even the almost finished project.

Way to go everyone. Keep up the great work:thumbup:.

skowron5 05-14-2012 11:00 AM

This was a pattern in a magazine. I assume the sailboats are because that is how the pilgrims got to America. We also live near the bay of Green Bay and love to watch the sailboats.

Jenniky 05-14-2012 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an update on my Patriotic Mystery Quilt. Clue #4 was to use the four patches from step one to make twenty-four 16-patch blocks. I hate to rush the week ...but is it FRIDAY yet.. LOL... Can't wait to see what's next. :thumbup: