Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

Jenniky 05-15-2012 11:11 AM

Muv- Now Im curious..lol will PM you for a recipe to make.
W4me - Nice Olympics Fabrics.

mimistutz 05-15-2012 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5145991)
Come one, Come all .... We'll have a ball!!!

As Works4Me mentioned ... we want to see and hear the patriotism from our Quilter Friends in ALL countries, worldwide.

And as many "threads" tend to become, chatting is encouraged on this one! We can all learn more about each other's part of the world, our customs and our cultures.

So please do tell, and show us your "threads", in the Before, During and After stages, as you work your way thru a new Patriotic Project!

(typed in true Canadian Flag Red!)
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...oPHEyG_dskPWis

P.S. I'll post a pic of the Mountie and all is parts soon!

I've been away from the site for a while, but so glad I found this. We belong to a camping club and will be traveling to Blyth, Ontario in July for a week Campvention sponsored by our Canadian members/friends. We have a theme each year and are asked to decorate our campsite in the theme. This year it is "Path to Friendship". You've given me inspiration. Thinking a yard flag maybe. But I also need to incorporate "Inukshuks".
We were in Niagra Falls, Canada two years ago the first week in July and greatly enjoyed all of the celebrations.
I need to go now, I have this flag idea going around in my head and need to get working on figuring it out. Hope I have time to get it done.

works4me 05-15-2012 01:13 PM

Sounds like a great idea mimistutz. So glad we could inspire you.

I'm thrilled with how many of the projects are doing double duty.

MimiBug123 05-15-2012 05:48 PM

i just found a patriotic jelly roll that I had forgotten about. This will be a good reason to start another project (and finish it)!

QuiltE 05-15-2012 07:44 PM

W4Me ... well isn't that quite the fabric!! Very INternationally Patriotic indeed!! :)
Just happened to find ... when you were looking for MORE fabric! BTW, did you see the other moose fabric on the Awwwww thread?

JenniKy ... I think the key would be that the instructions are well written. In my case they have been done, and this designer has been doing one a year, marketing it thru LQS'. I did one of her patterns before, as a $10 Challenge quilt and was pleased with it, so had some confidence going into it as a total Mystery. I've already put my name on the list for next fall when it starts again. We didn't have to take our quilt back after each step to get the next clue ... but I did make a "deal" with myself that I would never go for the next clue til I had the earlier one done. That way I knew I'd not lag behind. (Yes sometimes I did a clue, and a day or two later picked up the next one, and did it right away. So it ended up seeming like two months between in those cases!)

Muv ... oh go ahead, and give us a leek cooking lesson! Leek and Potato Soup ... mmmm!!! :D

MissCountrygirl 05-15-2012 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
our quilt are very very beautiful

[ATTACH=CONFIG]335632[/ATTACH]

Annaquilts 05-15-2012 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wall hanging inspired by the flag from the Republic of the Marshall Ilsands, blue, orange and white. The added rainbow of colors signifies, "You are a Rainbow." This was made as a wedding gift.

Annaquilts 05-15-2012 09:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
United States of America Patriotic

Jenniky 05-16-2012 03:53 AM

Wonderful quilts Anna I especially like the top one of the United States quilts.. very nice. :thumbup:

gardnergal970 05-16-2012 04:28 AM

AnnaQuilts...love both of your quilts.

Murv....I agree leeks are very good. What is your favorite way of fixing them? I'm doing a leek and barley soup for the weekend.