Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

works4me 05-23-2012 01:47 PM

How did you do that? I was editing.

QuiltE 05-23-2012 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5238061)
How did you do that? I was editing.

Ah but you must have posted it first ....... and while you were editing, it left the original post there!
(no geeky-ness here ...just an educated guess!)

works4me 05-23-2012 02:56 PM

Not supposed to do that. You come off looking somewhat clairvoyant. :)

dublb 05-23-2012 05:42 PM

Oh GG I really love your TX Star!
W4M - That is a lovely Mystery. I have a control issue also! It is part of what I like about quiltin', pickin' out the colors & plannin' what ta do with 'em! Your Maple leaf will be great. Is it gonna be the center? I think that ya said before but I don't remember.

works4me 05-24-2012 05:55 AM

Thanks dublb. Yes, the cross stitch maple leaf is the centre. It will be surrounded by white squares with appliqued red maple leaves. I also have flag fabric to add some movement and interest. I hope to make some more progress this weekend, at least in applique stitch testing if nothing else.

QuiltE 05-24-2012 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5239564)
Thanks dublb. Yes, the cross stitch maple leaf is the centre. It will be surrounded by white squares with appliqued red maple leaves. I also have flag fabric to add some movement and interest. I hope to make some more progress this weekend, at least in applique stitch testing if nothing else.

W4Me ... Are you going to do the Muv-technique for your applique?
I'm anxious to try it ... and keep saying nooooooooooo, do your other things before you start something new!

works4me 05-24-2012 02:13 PM

No, as I have already fused the leaves to the background fabric. Instant gratification, or close to it. I'm at the stitching stage now.

dublb 05-24-2012 02:38 PM

Ok ya'll I need ta gripe a little. I don't know if ya'll know the reason I haven't planned anything for this challenge was because my PC club quilt is Patriotic. (I did want ta follow along w/ya'll. Ya'll have been wearing me down & I have been thinkin' about making a pot holder.) Anyway some of the PC blocks just don't work well w/my fabrics so I've been makin' some substitutes. I found a Mariners Compass that I wanted ta do as a sub. It is a 12 " block so I reduced it ta go w/my 8 1/2" blocks. Well I'm way behind on making my blocks. So I was working away on it & finally finished it very late last night. It's 9 1/2"!!!!! :mad: Sooooo I guess I'll make a pot holder out of it for this challenge. :)

QuiltE 05-24-2012 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5240745)
Ok ya'll I need ta gripe a little. I don't know if ya'll know the reason I haven't planned anything for this challenge was because my PC club quilt is Patriotic. (I did want ta follow along w/ya'll. Ya'll have been wearing me down & I have been thinkin' about making a pot holder.) Anyway some of the PC blocks just don't work well w/my fabrics so I've been makin' some substitutes. I found a Mariners Compass that I wanted ta do as a sub. It is a 12 " block so I reduced it ta go w/my 8 1/2" blocks. Well I'm way behind on making my blocks. So I was working away on it & finally finished it very late last night. It's 9 1/2"!!!!! :mad: Sooooo I guess I'll make a pot holder out of it for this challenge. :)

This is good news ... all good news!!!!
Yes, a potholder, or instead you could border it up as a wall hanging? or a table topper or ??

Maybe do it like a Round Robin (for one) ... and just keep doing things with it and keep changing it til you've got it bigger and better!

dublb 05-24-2012 06:24 PM

:) But I need pot holders!