Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

QuiltE 04-23-2012 04:24 AM

Muv .... how wonderful! I was thinking of you last night while watching a couple of documentaries of the Queen's life with interview of the Grandchildren (and others). I hope you will show us pics of your quilt as you work along. Please??

karen924 04-23-2012 05:12 AM

My American Legion wants to do a Quilts of Valor day. I will post as we get going on this. I LOVE your fabrics for your quilt>

pasovasz 04-23-2012 05:57 AM

Canada Quilt for Breast Cancer Research

1 Attachment(s)
A friend survived Breast Cancer and started a group called Wild Pink Yonder (www.WPY.com) to incorporate her love of horses and desire to raise money for research in Alberta, Canada. I made this quilt for the auction held at the end of the 21 day horse ride through beautiful Alberta:

works4me 04-23-2012 06:09 AM

Sounds wonderful Muv. Any photos of the design or fabric yet?

I managed to get two more rows done of my cross-stitch maple leaf centre for my quilt. Too much else going on right now so I'm glad I issued the challenge to start and, hopefully, finish a new project or I wouldn't be getting anything done on it.

Beautiful quilt pasovasz. I love the texture of your quilting. The quilting world certainly does a lot for charity and that is great. Will you be doing another one as part of this challenge?

works4me 04-23-2012 06:11 AM

Remember, the challenge is to start a NEW patriotic project. If you are already partway through one, that is great, too. We encourage you to finish it with us. And, don't forget, patriotism is a worldwide trait. Let's see more countries repesented.

Come one, come all. Join in the fun and tell us a little about your country or the reason behind your choice of project and design.

thimblebug6000 04-23-2012 11:47 AM

Home from retreat, decided on a small project for the table in our Roadtrek. Need to unpack my things & will post a picture of the basic fabrics.

Maggiemay 04-23-2012 12:09 PM

I'm in! I have a flag wallhanging I started awhile back that I don't like. It's too big & kind of blah. I've held onto it for several years because I just wasn't sure what to do with it. I have decided to cut it up & put it back together bargello style to look like a waving flag. I'll post it when I'm done! Thanks for the motivation!

thimblebug6000 04-23-2012 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329993[/ATTACH]Okay, here's the fabric I've chosen. I'm 3rd generation Canadian....but DH was born in Germany so will slip in "his" colours too :D

QuiltE 04-23-2012 01:24 PM

MaggieMay -- we'll look forward to seeing your re-worked UFO! Sometimes those old UFOs just need to take on a new life, don't they?

ThimbleBug
... great fabric ... and now you have me curious what you have planned for your multi-national patriotic project? Good idea to bring together both of your ancestries into this!

Though I can't help but *pout* when I see such nice Canadian flag fabric ... I haven't been able to find any! :D

works4me 04-23-2012 01:46 PM

Maggiemay - so glad we could assist in the inspritation department. I can't wait to see what you come up with. It sounds fabulous.

thimblebug - I love your fabrics and think it is great that you will incorporate your husband's country of origin colours. Canada is, after all, a very multinational country.

QuiltE - one day you may just find a few small pieces of Canada flag fabric coming your way. But, not likely in time for this challenge.

Keep those new projects, or reworked projects, or UFO's coming. :)