Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

zozee 10-25-2013 02:12 PM

I'm up for adoption and, for the most part, am housetrained, don't bark except when I'm awake, and love car rides to thrift stores.

yel 10-25-2013 07:34 PM

Little sue .....no such thing as dumb questions just dumb answers .....ask anything .....oh by the way i sure miss the mayakka river

Thomasean 10-26-2013 11:15 AM

Can you be da' momma???

Originally Posted by amma (Post 840794)
I would love to help someone, however mitre's and FMQ are my two weaker links :wink: and I do not handquilt...
I do love to paper piece, as well as piece and applique :D:D:D

I would love to learn whatever you are willing to share about paper piecing, as well as piecing and applique!

Please be da' momma....

kidlit 10-26-2013 01:16 PM

I am needing adoption.
kidlit

LJDay 10-26-2013 06:45 PM

:DI am up for adoption!! I am totally self-taught from books and online videos. Would LOVE to have someone who can help me. My dream adoptive parent would live near me (West Palm Beach, FL) but I can handle the long distance teaching relationship just as well.

LJDay 10-26-2013 06:46 PM

I am up for adoption!! I am totally self-taught from books and online videos. Would LOVE to have someone who can help me. My dream adoptive parent would live near me (West Palm Beach, FL) but I can handle the long distance teaching relationship just as well.

crafty-kid 10-26-2013 08:49 PM

I'd love to be adopted. I have been a self taught quilter....I learn from my mistakes! :) Youtube videos are my best friend, because I'm a visual learner. I have made a couple of denim quilts for my girls and I even made a t-shirt quilt for my brother. BUT I am for the most part....a newbie! This past July I bought myself a new toy....a Brother quilting/embroidery sewing machine, so I'd love to learn how to do some embroidery quilting. If you are familiar with that.....could you help me out? Thanks in advance!!!!

petthefabric 10-28-2013 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tracy Delegal (Post 6164069)
This is so me! I ditto this!

I wouldn't call me a pro at quilting, but I sure would love to learn from a pro Art Quilter! If no one adopts us from the Art Quilters ring, maybe we can learn together TK.

AND TKHOOPER

Hi Tracy and TK

I'm an art quilter. From California. Way out of the box. And I teach classes in reality space. I'd love to help you. Just found this thread too and WOW it's 3 yrs old. and your response is over 3 mo old. Have you already been adopted? How do you want to work this?

Quiltbaby 10-29-2013 05:26 AM

I am a newbie and need adoption. I am in the Southern part of the US. I am self taught but there is so much I would like to learn. Like how to build my own blocks. I want to build a 16 inch block but I want five pieces in that block and learning how to determine the sizes that would go in that block to equal out to 16 inches is something I would like to learn to do. I do not want a fancy program. I want to learn like they did in the latter days.

pelikanbus62 11-02-2013 05:49 PM

Hi I have been quilting for years but still am learning. I am self taught. I have learned through my mistakes and have ripped out a lot of stiches. I have a lot of questions and a desire to learn more. I would love to be adopted by someone.