Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Orphaned Blocks QAYG Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/orphaned-blocks-qayg-challenge-t196192.html)

LisaR 12-08-2012 06:59 PM

Love your quilt ssnare love that blue

ssnare 12-08-2012 07:07 PM

Thank you all for your comments. gardnergal970, your quilts came out great.

Muv 12-09-2012 03:08 AM

Oh my goodness, what fabulous quilts! I haven't checked this thread for ages - so much has happened since then! Jenniky, you really got everybody going!

I've been using a method Leah Day shows on one of her videos and jiggled around with the measurements a bit - so far so good...

rwquilts 12-10-2012 06:20 AM

Gardnergal, what a great job you did on your adorable quilts! :)

gardnergal970 12-10-2012 09:22 AM

Thanks everyone. My next project is coming out of the box today. I love the look this process gives.

DOTTYMO 12-24-2012 08:26 AM

I did a double wedding ring quilt as you go 9 sections and with 9 blocks in 8 of the sections. They were joined in set of 3 and finally altogether. If I can find my run of photoes making it are they any use to you experiments. I join in cubes on top.

slbram17 12-24-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye (Post 5409165)
Jen, I'm going to join in so I can learn the QAYG techniques. I have lots of paper pieced blocks (in different sizes) from block swaps that I want to put into a quilt & I have the State Star blocks to put together. I think I'll practice on the swaps first then after I feel comfortable will work on the State Stars.

Here are some of the blocks. I think I have enough to select from and enough in the same sizes to practice on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]352783[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352784[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]352785[/ATTACH]

Jen, thank you for taking the time to put this tutorial together.

Love your blocks.

dublb 12-24-2012 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5738280)
I did a double wedding ring quilt as you go 9 sections and with 9 blocks in 8 of the sections. They were joined in set of 3 and finally altogether. If I can find my run of photoes making it are they any use to you experiments. I join in cubes on top.

I definitely want ta see your picts. Can ya show us how ya did it?

rvsfan 02-10-2013 07:53 AM

I definitely want to be part of this but here's a dumb question - how do I follow your thread? I have purchased at least 4 books on QAYG and not one of them teaches me the technique.

dublb 02-10-2013 09:45 AM

rvsfan - Jennie was doin' this & does have several methods in this thread. Ya just have ta start at the first & scroll till ya see the picts. (Some o' the picts. are from other people showin' what they are gonna QAYG, so ya will have ta keep lookin'.) That is where she explained the several methods. She had ta stop 'cause life got in the way. I'm hoping that she will have the opportunity ta git back ta this when her life steady's out. I too have some blocks that I am doin' QAYG but my life has had it's own hic-up. I'm doin' mine a li'le bit different so I will post picts & explinations. Jenniky's plan was ta do a tute, on all the methods, when she finishes this thread.

PS This is one o' my favorite threads. :)