Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   QB Quilt Contest!! - Lap Quilts made with Traditional Piecing - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/qb-quilt-contest-lap-quilts-made-traditional-piecing-winners-announced-t128948.html)

sandpat 06-12-2011 05:20 AM

Thats good Rhonda...sometimes it hurts me to think, period!! LOL

Scissor Queen 06-12-2011 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Originally Posted by sandpat
OK Rhonda...another thought...are you thinking ahead so you might be able to give us a Heads up...like maybe a 6 month calendar..we might be either working on something we'd like to use, or we would have a bit more time to think one up...or is that a motive in your madness...to limit the time you have to work on it?

I thought about doing this one and then waiting a bit before posting another one. So what would everyone prefer? Another one when this one is done and you would be able to think ahead to entering one in the second one or the third one or just wait awhile and post a second one with a longer construction time? If we did the longer time frame I could do one twice a year. But that might not work either as people will be working on Christmas the second half of the year. We will see.

Right now I just want to get through this one and see how it goes. But I don't mind thinking ahead.

I think 6 a year is too many but twice a year isn't often enough. Maybe one contest for each season?

Rhonda 06-12-2011 07:43 AM

Ok this is June and this one will be done the end of July. so...... Begin the first of Aug with the deadline the end of Oct and voting for one week and then a week for Patrice to tabulate the votes. then wait until Jan and start one with a 3 mos window of construction and the 2 weeks for voting and tabulating. and so on. We would have 3 a year if that is the pattern I set. with skipping Nov and Dec as that is a busy time for everyone. I like this timing. What do you think?

mjsylvstr 06-12-2011 08:48 AM

Ok this is June and this one will be done the end of July. so...... Begin the first of Aug with the deadline the end of Oct and voting for one week and then a week for Patrice to tabulate the votes. then wait until Jan and start one with a 3 mos window of construction and the 2 weeks for voting and tabulating. and so on. We would have 3 a year if that is the pattern I set. with skipping Nov and Dec as that is a busy time for everyone. I like this timing. What do you think?

sounds like you are really ready for the show.....you go, girl!

LAB55 06-12-2011 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr

sounds like you are really ready for the show.....you go, girl!

Sounds good to me 2 :thumbup:

Grambi 06-12-2011 10:09 AM

I like that idea! Good idea to skip the Season with everyone trying to get gifts made. Thank-you, Rhonda.

Scissor Queen 06-12-2011 10:35 AM

That sounds like a schedule that will work for almost everybody!!

ksea 06-12-2011 04:43 PM

Rhonda, that sounds like the perfect schedule to me. Thanks sew much to you and PatriceJ for doing this.

Rhonda 06-12-2011 05:14 PM

thanks all. I hope this one goes smoothly and we can do a second one.

sandpat 06-12-2011 05:46 PM

Yep, sounds like a plan to me Rhonda!