Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Stash-busting Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/stash-busting-challenge-t196607.html)

Pat625 04-23-2013 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My daughter's prom dress- also made from stash! [ATTACH=CONFIG]409688[/ATTACH]

Pat625 04-23-2013 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally a twin sized quilt made from stash . The fabric was also from a garage sale purchase! Even the batting was in my stash, since I buy it when I have good coupons
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409689[/ATTACH]

deedum 04-23-2013 05:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
dil wanted a pink binding. She asked for this for her birthday.so this came completely out of my stash.

deedum 04-23-2013 05:26 PM

Pat 625, that is a beautiful quilt!

Pat625 04-23-2013 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 6022079)
dil wanted a pink binding. She asked for this for her birthday.so this came completely out of my stash.

What a great job!! I can't wait until I have the time to learn to FMQ like you do...

missgigglewings 04-23-2013 06:40 PM

OK...ya'll have hooked me in! I have read every post on all 20 pages and I wanna bust some stash too! I have 8 bins, a 7 ft tall bookcase and a babys dressing table full of stash stuff in my garage and a 3 ft x 4ft shelf unit in my sewing room and some of those under the bed thingys..under the bed...too much stash! Amoung them are 8and hald Boom Block sets from lovingizabella's Boomerang swaps! So...can I blame part of my ufos on her? And can I join you all here?

Pat625 04-23-2013 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 6022226)
OK...ya'll have hooked me in! I have read every post on all 20 pages and I wanna bust some stash too! I have 8 bins, a 7 ft tall bookcase and a babys dressing table full of stash stuff in my garage and a 3 ft x 4ft shelf unit in my sewing room and some of those under the bed thingys..under the bed...too much stash! Amoung them are 8and hald Boom Block sets from lovingizabella's Boomerang swaps! So...can I blame part of my ufos on her? And can I join you all here?

WELCOME!! It is amazing what you
can make from your stash!! I have also been cutting squares and strips from my scraps and organizing them in boxes for tons of scrappy quilts..if it's too thin for a strip, I put it in a box of strings for the string quilt I have started..I have also completed 2 dog beds from any pieces too small to use anywhere else!!

deedum 04-24-2013 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 6022348)
WELCOME!! It is amazing what you
can make from your stash!! I have also been cutting squares and strips from my scraps and organizing them in boxes for tons of scrappy quilts..if it's too thin for a strip, I put it in a box of strings for the string quilt I have started..I have also completed 2 dog beds from any pieces too small to use anywhere else!!

Yep, I got more strings cut, more squares, more everything and I think the scraps grow everynite. I don't think I made a dent in my scraps either. I have 2 dog beds made and enough scraps for another.I am trying hard not to buy any fabric, so then my friend gives me "fabric".

Sophie2 04-26-2013 04:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently finished the quilt in the attached picture from my stash. I did purchase the backing for it because I did not feel like piecing back. This quilt originally started out as placemats, but I thought the fabric was too nice for placemats. When I finished it DH said I should send it to my girlfriend as she likes purple. The quilt arrived yesterday. She loves it and quickly sent me a picture of her and the new quilt.

Dragonfly Nana 04-26-2013 02:55 PM

Wow Sophie - that is a great quilt. And you friend's smile says it all.