Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Stash-busting Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/stash-busting-challenge-t196607.html)

Nammie to 7 12-05-2013 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450062[/ATTACH]

This one is my own design. I cut my own jelly roll from various grays in my stash but made it 3 1/2 inches wide instead of 2 1/2. Added a 3 1/2 inch squares between the pieces then designed the flowers and pot using fabric left over from a really bright quilt. It now has centers in the flowers and a pieced border using all the fabrics left over from the bright quilt. It still needs to be sandwiched, quilted and bound.

AngeliaNR 12-05-2013 07:02 PM

All very pretty! Love the bag.

Dragonfly Nana 12-06-2013 03:58 AM

Such a fun quilt Nammie - I love the layered flowers over the strips.

AngeliaNR 12-06-2013 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by lynda glynne (Post 6431952)
I live in the Seattle/Bellevue Washington area. I am interested in donating large amounts of fabric to fabric lovers who make quilts for others.

I love fabric and enjoy making donation quilts, but I don't live in your area. :(

kaelynangelfoot 12-07-2013 06:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nammie to 7, that is a very beautiful quilt!

I just did something similar with leftovers from a quilt for my niece. This top is 100% leftover pieces from two different quilts (I also pieced the back with leftovers from those quilts plus a yard from my stash) No new purchases on this quilt except for batting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450348[/ATTACH]

mom-6 12-12-2013 05:54 AM

Been doing most of my projects from stash lately 😍

jillaine 12-12-2013 10:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quiltermomma, awhile back you wrote:

"Well, I am still ahead of the game by 162 yards of fabric. I may have increased over 200, but still have busted that and some more. I am in the positive for it going out"

Are you telling me that you actually COUNTED your stash's yardage???

Here's a recent stashbuster I completed for my sister:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451458[/ATTACH]
and a close up with my muse and inspector, Clio:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451459[/ATTACH]

jillaine 12-12-2013 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here's my current work in progress made almost entirely from stash (I had to buy more background-- harumph) - Grandma's Fan (something I've always wanted to try; now that I have, not sure why I wanted to...) Trying to use up a BUNCH of floral fabric I purchased back when I must have been expressing another personality...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451463[/ATTACH]

jillaine 12-12-2013 10:21 AM

On this last one-- grandma's fan-- I'm going to try Quilt as You Go-- quilting each square. Will allow me to practice my FreeMotion Quilting on smaller pieces, not wrestling with a full size quilt, as well as helping me use up my "stash" of leftover batting... how's that for stash busting?!

QuilterMomma 12-13-2013 01:51 PM

Yes jillaine, I am counting what comes into my stash but my starting was an estimate of what I know I had at that time. Let us say I do not think I counted my scraps that will be on my list next year to use up and I have a crazy quilt star pattern that they will be going into. I hate to say I have added another 30 or so yards with 20 of it staying in a pile for my Argyle Bargello which I will be doing next year for my bedroom. I have made one Christmas quilt, a few tree skirts, some muggy rugs, napkins as you see in my avatar from the stash, then from my stash making a modern hexi quilt, with table runner and bed runner done from new stuff. Been busy, just forgetting to post on here. If I posted all my photos right now of what is done, will fill a few pages.
Nice work Jillaine. You are moving along well. And by the way, I used up a whole bolt of 108" wide muslin as well. No not bragging, just justifying my fabric purchases.

Keep it up girls.