Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Stash-busting Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/stash-busting-challenge-t196607.html)

QuilterMomma 08-20-2012 01:47 PM

Well, if it qualifies here, I have a star log cabin top done, had to go and buy the zinger and border because I did not have enough fabric to finish it and nothing I had worked. It is going in show so needed it right. Then to finish up the stash of 30s fabric I accumulated, I have two baby quilts out of the blocks and fabrics I have on hand. Will use up a solid in my stash that will work for their zingers and to complete the stash busting, on one will make nine patches with scraps and pieces, then the other will be using the red solid I have in stash and then use the red/black/white 30s prints for the border. I may have to piece them or one side be red and the other the black type fabric, but will get it used. There, whew, I qualify on that one.

luvTooQuilt 08-20-2012 05:51 PM

ok I really intended to go in and say HI.. really that was it !!! :o
but he HAD to show me these lovely two bolts that would look great in my collection... :thumbup:

Yup, They came home with me.. Doh !!!! :eek:

vickig626 08-21-2012 07:00 AM

ok, since I really need to cut down my stash -- overflowing beyond overflowing -- so count me in. I work on projects other than just quilts so if these will count for destashing, I will post pics of these as they get done.

Right now, I'm making a batch of zippered card holders that's an "in-the-hoop" project.

jillaine 08-21-2012 08:44 AM

Let me know when you're ready and I'll walk you through it.

Originally Posted by orangeroom (Post 5453389)
I'd love to try this, but with getting the children back to school in a few weeks, it may take me a while to produce something. Once done, I'll just send a quick word as I still have no clue how to post pics on this newer site. Not sure if it's my computer that wont cooperate or the user's lack of knowledge/experience.

QuilterMomma 08-21-2012 10:45 AM

Ok, no photo quite yet, but i did destash some 30s fabrics that I did not use for the other quilts I made. I used up 5 yards of fabric for the Boomerang swap. Yep, I destashed five yards. So there. I had to mail out a lot of f8ths, but I do not have all that fabric anymore. How is that? I will show you the end results when they come back to me all made up in blocks. LOL I know, sneaky, but doable. Now I get to play with others fabrics. :p

QuilterMomma 08-21-2012 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357063[/ATTACH]Here it is, what I destashed

Sophie2 08-21-2012 11:44 AM

I'm in. I have been trying to destash a bit also. Looking forward to all the pictures. It is always an inspiration to see so many beautiful quilts.

QuilterMomma 08-21-2012 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, here is one project top that I will be quilting this weekend that I used my stash to finish up the blocks to 18" each.[ATTACH=CONFIG]357116[/ATTACH]
I am using a solid cream on back so the quilting will look like a wholecloth on the back. Yep, need precision on this one. The thread will be a cream/yellow color, buttercream on both top and back as well so will show up. Hopefully get done so will be entering in the fair next week.

Vanogay 08-21-2012 02:57 PM

I think that log cabin is very pretty. I'm dyslexic, and that particular pattern really stumps me every time I try it. I don't do many log cabin patterns.

QuilterMomma 08-21-2012 03:48 PM

I am so tired of the log cabin, may be some time before I even think of doing another one once these are done. did the Wonky Log Cabins which were fun because it did not matter about the strips which worked real easy,