Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

Sherryquilts 12-24-2011 08:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, I am cheating just a bit since it isn't 2012 yet, but honestly I didn't think I would get this finished in 2011...I figured this would be my January post but TA-DA! This is the needlepoint Christmas stocking that I started this summer for my tiny baby grandson Rainn who was born in July at 1 pound 4 ounces. It was very scary for all of us and there are quite a few tears sewn into this as well, but he is doing AWESOME, is 5 months old and now weighs over 7 pounds...

annesthreads 12-25-2011 12:56 AM

You've made me cry! (not difficult at Christmas). Exquisite - both Rainn and the stocking! Wishing you a very happy Christmas as you celebrate with your miracle grandson xxx

dublb 12-25-2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sherryquilts (Post 4809152)
Ok, I am cheating just a bit since it isn't 2012 yet, but honestly I didn't think I would get this finished in 2011...I figured this would be my January post but TA-DA! This is the needlepoint Christmas stocking that I started this summer for my tiny baby grandson Rainn who was born in July at 1 pound 4 ounces. It was very scary for all of us and there are quite a few tears sewn into this as well, but he is doing AWESOME, is 5 months old and now weighs over 7 pounds...

Way to go!!:thumbup:

happylab 12-25-2011 05:23 PM

I'm interested in this challenge. I have a lot of UFO's. Please count me in.

Cosy 12-25-2011 05:29 PM

Okay, my sister has been begging me for a year! to finish a quilt my mother started! Mom's been gone since 1986. TOMORROW it goes on the long arm frame! I hereby promise to not even look at this board until it's on the frame!

Fraew 12-26-2011 06:38 AM

Nice job Sherry and congratulations!

Murphy1 12-26-2011 07:44 AM

Congratulations - your grandson is so alert and must be the delight of everyone. I love his stocking, what a lovely way to celebrate the holiday season - new grandson, new stocking. Life must be good. See you in the new year.

Originally Posted by Sherryquilts (Post 4809152)

Ginny B 12-26-2011 08:06 AM

I'm in! First thing I guess I should finish is the tote bag my sister should have gotten for Christmas but didn't. Then I've got a Christmas wall hanging that I started for my own but that didn't get finished because Christmas gifts took precedence. I've got a couple of flannel receiving blankets to complete by the end of January for a baby shower too. There's a few to get me started and then I'll look into my piles and see what else I can finish.

Emma S 12-26-2011 08:27 AM

I'm in! I want to end the questions like, "Mom what ever happened to that great ....(insert description) you were working on?" I am doing the mystery Orca Bay quilt but maybe if I start with the closest to done ones I can keep to the schedule. Even if I only complete one with you guys as inspiration its better than none.

SewMomma66 12-26-2011 02:11 PM

I am game! Thanks for the shove. LOL