Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

Fraew 10-01-2012 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5554395)
I finished quilting seven of mine and one customer quilt. I have to complete binding on three of them, but here are some shots of them:

WOW!!!! Fantastic finishes. I don't know where to start but Pumpkin heads are super cute and the log cabin star is one of my favorites...and what is that peaking at the bottom with embroidered blocks and 30ish fabrics?

QuilterMomma 10-01-2012 01:09 PM

That one is a lap quilt that is still leftovers from the log cabin blocks that I have made the two large star log cabins and then I have one more that I am doing a special border on first then will get it quilted. It is an applique one that is just so cute in the 30s fabrics. yep, I have been doing lots of quilts with them.

My DH gave me that scarecrow pattern and bought the fabric for me a year ago so finally, it is finished. All I had to do was cut them out and iron them down. Did the applique on the longarm, quite fun. Save me some time.

Foxflower 10-01-2012 01:21 PM

Very impressive Quiltermomma! I especially like that scarecrow table runner.

QuilterMomma 10-01-2012 01:23 PM

It has eyes, nose, and mouth now so they could see smell and taste what comes over their little heads.

Foxflower 10-01-2012 01:43 PM

;) Just so they don't take any bites!

SandyinZ4 10-01-2012 08:10 PM

Quiltermomma, you are amazing!!! I really enjoy seeing all that you accomplish.

QuilterMomma 10-02-2012 09:40 AM

Oh thank you so much SandyinZ4. I live to post here this year. not sure if next year I will work so hard on my quilting projects, but will definitely be on a scrap quilt frenzy to clean up all the scraps I am acquiring. No, I am not giving them away, but they will make some very pretty quilts or at least some warm blankets. I have four daughters and the old tradition is that she needs at tleast 13 quilts before they can be married off, well, I better keep those scraps so they can take those with them not mine. I have one daugther who just loves the scrappy ones so she will want all of them. Each one is picking which ones they are taking with them if I don't sell them before they leave and it looks like they may be taking them because they just do not sell that easy.

tracibug 10-03-2012 12:24 PM

QuilterMomma - I love the scarecrows!

QuilterMomma 10-03-2012 01:31 PM

Thank you tracibug. My DH has good taste in patterns.

carriem 10-03-2012 03:21 PM

QM--great finishes for September!

I didn't finish anything last month, but made lots of progress on a couple BOW blocks and have 2 twin-size quilt tops each half done. Should have some finishes this month if I can keep my schedule clear and stay home!