Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

ranger 03-02-2012 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy (Post 5022545)
This is my latest finished UFO, now a FO. Need suggestions for the name.

BOOtiful!....I couldn't resist that. Congrats on the finish. I like those little quilted ghosts.
Since it's Halloween, you could call it "BOOty Night"

Unusual colors for a kitchen but I can see that they would work. I am imagining her kitchen.....does she have the black stainless steel appliances? green/teal background/paint colors? orange accents?

kwiltkrazy 03-02-2012 09:22 AM

I really like Boootiful night, thank you Ranger.

dublb 03-02-2012 10:38 AM

Oh wow! Some wonderful PHDs all done! Hooray! I've been busy making decoupage plates for the retreat I'll be going to on next Thursday! I'm gonna take my UFOs, & see how many I can get done while there. It's about time! I'll post picts of my plates when I get back. I always forget how much time decoupage takes to do till I get started.:)

brushandthimble 03-03-2012 06:34 AM

just need to finish sewing the binding down on 3 charity baby quilts and Feb UFO will be done; running a little late:)

March's UFO will be to load or quilt the log cabin for my son, and a wall hanging that is a few in the making.

brushandthimble 03-03-2012 06:35 AM

just need to finish sewing the binding down on 3 charity baby quilts and Feb UFO will be done; running a little late:)

March's UFO will be to load or quilt the log cabin for my son, and a wall hanging that is a few in the making.

Vespagirl4 03-04-2012 08:07 AM

I am so very impressed with all of your hard work! I joined the Quilting Board yesterday and I ave been looking around, but you all have definitely inspired me to work on my UFOs. I certainly cannot keep up with one a month, but any progress is good. Until then, I will enjoy looking at the beautiful work you all produce. Thank you for sharing your efforts!

ranger 03-04-2012 09:19 AM

Welcome aboard Vespagirl!
Yes, you are indeed right..any progress on UFOs is a good thing.
Hope you can soon get working on them.

dublb 03-04-2012 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Vespagirl4 (Post 5030134)
I am so very impressed with all of your hard work! I joined the Quilting Board yesterday and I ave been looking around, but you all have definitely inspired me to work on my UFOs. I certainly cannot keep up with one a month, but any progress is good. Until then, I will enjoy looking at the beautiful work you all produce. Thank you for sharing your efforts!

I agree one a month has proven a little harder than I thought. For Jan I got all of the ripping out done on my DGS's quilt. Feb I tried & tried to FMQ it 'til I finally took a FMQ class! I'm counting that as my finish for Feb.! (These kind of finishes are hard to post picts of!) :) I will finish this quilt this month!!

missgigglewings 03-04-2012 05:36 PM

I did not get my Daughter's big (115 x 115) green and purple monster quilt done because first I ran out of the purple backing fabric and spent 6 days trying to find some. I finally ened up piecing in some bright green fabric along with the purple I had for the backing. Then my Janome broke down and had to go to the Bernina hospital, then the plastic FMQ foot on my 1957 Brother snapped in half, and last but not least, Life got in the way while I was planning to solve my quilt issues! I fianlly got the monster quilted after I got my Janome back, I am making the binding and sewing it on tomorrow and it will (hopefully) be finished by Friday! This is one quilt I will be glad to get out of my life so I can get on with my life before it consumes me!

wildyard 03-04-2012 06:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317350[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]317351[/ATTACH]
Hugggggggs for you miss gigglewings, sure sounds like you need some!!
Here is the UFO I am working on. I had the strips about half cut, only to find I had cut them wrong, but didn't have enough fabric to recut them so I went with what I had already and adapted the size of the blocks. After putting a couple together, I wasn't thrilled with them so I decided rather than sewing the 3 sections of each set together into it's block, I would randomize the sections in the blocks and put the blocks together that way.
Special thanks to our board member who did this technique with her D9P that I loved so much. That is where I got the idea! Am attaching a pic of the original way the blocks are supposed to go, then of the random placement, which I will be sewing together tomorrow!