Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

Nanachar 03-26-2012 03:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Woo Hoo! I have just finished my March UFO. It has just been lurking in my closet waiting to be put together. It was actually a challenge....my sister, who quilts also, moved to AZ some time back and to keep her as a quilting buddy long distance.....we set up a challenge between us. I challenged her to this one 2 years ago.....and then life just got in my way. I'm adding a close up....I'm never sure how a full view will look. Oh, and yes, that is my new quilting partner on the quilt.....Roxy, my sidekick. Roxy thinks every quilt I make should be hers!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322690[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]322691[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 03-26-2012 04:25 AM

Nanachar, Awesome quilt. I love the food theme. Pretty fabrics. Roxie is adorable. I have a snowy baby at home that looks like your Roxie. They would make great quilt hoarders don't you think. If we would let them. lol

BarbEllen 03-26-2012 05:47 AM

Thanks. I'll add a border and keep you posted. It will be a busy week for me so don't know if it will get done this week.

BarbEllen 03-26-2012 05:52 AM

Nanachar your canning jar quilt is great. Love the borders. Did your sis get herrs done too?

Nanachar 03-26-2012 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by BarbEllen (Post 5091330)
Nanachar your canning jar quilt is great. Love the borders. Did your sis get herrs done too?

No, my sister hasn't finished hers' yet.....I hope she does soon.....it's always fun to see how alike or very different our quilts are. The challenge was: You had to draft your own pattern, so the jars could be any size you want.....the only catch was they had to be filled with fruits and vegies, so I sent my sister 6 fabrics to get her started.

wildyard 03-26-2012 06:39 AM

I am seeing the ortho doc tomorrow to see if I can get permission to drive back to NY. I sure miss my quilting! For now it's keep the foot elevated and look at lovely finished UFO's here.
Great Jar quilt, your fabrics are fantastic! Keep up the good work ladies. And welcome to all our new members. Clanging the bell and tooting the train whistleee.. tooooooooooooooooot tooooooooooooooot!!!

brushandthimble 03-26-2012 06:49 AM

That is one of the nicest jar quilts I have seen!! I love you border, perfect for the quilt. Great job both on finishing a UFO and on the quilt as a whole.

almond 03-26-2012 08:19 AM

That quilt is just toooooo cute!!!

ranger 03-26-2012 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nanachar (Post 5090960)
Woo Hoo! I have just finished my March UFO. It has just been lurking in my closet waiting to be put together. It was actually a challenge....my sister, who quilts also, moved to AZ some time back and to keep her as a quilting buddy long distance.....we set up a challenge between us. I challenged her to this one 2 years ago.....and then life just got in my way. I'm adding a close up....I'm never sure how a full view will look. Oh, and yes, that is my new quilting partner on the quilt.....Roxy, my sidekick. Roxy thinks every quilt I make should be hers!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322690[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]322691[/ATTACH]

This is a beautiful jar quilt.
I like the border treatment. It is perfect for the center.

Roxy is a sweet bundle of fur...so cute.

oksewglad 03-26-2012 08:26 AM

BarbEllen --borders on the barn quilt really sets the blocks off!
Nanachar-you've given me an idea--fellow guild member gave me scraps of those fabrics, now to make this quilt in a smaller size to fit the scraps! Thanks for the inspiration.