Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

QuilterMomma 04-06-2012 11:54 AM

take two and then you will know to stay focused. One you just may finish, but two will keep you busy so you can finish both. Tricks with the mind.

CircleSquare 04-06-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5121542)
take two and then you will know to stay focused. One you just may finish, but two will keep you busy so you can finish both. Tricks with the mind.

That's very good advice! It would be great to finish two! But I will be happy if I finish one!

ranger 04-07-2012 04:04 AM

Finished my Cottage Flowers quilt yesterday and GOOD RIDDANCE!!

The quilting was poor. I did it on my small machine and I had some fullness in some blocks which, with quilting, gave me some tucks and bumps near the seams. My quilting friends say it isn't that bad but it bothered me.
I wanted to rip out the quilting and start over but decided it was too much work.
I will use it as a utility quilt.....maybe keep it in the car.

I have started to quilt the next top and it's going much better.
After that, I have two smaller tops to quilt and then I can get started on a
new pattern...probably a sampler....looking forward to that.

Judith1005 04-07-2012 06:15 AM

Ranger, Perfection is overrated. Celebrate your color and pattern choice. I'm sure it will keep you warm. And with each finish, you will get better and better. I'm right along with you, I don't love my quilting and it is hard to achieve the results I want on a small domestic machine. But, at some point, I will figure out a method of quilting that works best for me. So, until then I am trying to accept the best I can do for now. And celebrate my choice of color,pattern and enjoyment of quilting.

So Keep up the good work. And post pictures so we can oo and ah. (or have i missed the posting) I will go back and check.

Have a wonderful Easter everyone!!

ranger 04-07-2012 12:17 PM

Judith, thanks for the pep talk.
I usually keep this kind of stuff in perspective but this one really bothered me.

The one I am quilting now is moving along smoothly so I am feeling much better about things.

My camera is broken and I won't be able to get it fixed just yet.

Happy Quilting!

wildyard 04-07-2012 03:49 PM

Awesome job on the finish ranger!!! Hope you can get your camera fixed soon. I want to see your quilt design and color choices. I promise not one peek at the quilting!!! :D Hugsss my dear, so happy to hear things are now going better!

VickiM 04-07-2012 05:44 PM

A few more done!

6 Attachment(s)
Yeah...I got several more quilts totally finished! Several were scrap leader/enders put together, the others I had the tops done. Took a week, but they are all quilted & finished & ready for new homes! I hope to finish the last one I'm working on tomorrow before going to DD for Easter dinner. Happy Easter everyone!

Judith1005 04-07-2012 07:44 PM

Wow, VickiM, Awesome finishes. Are these quilts ear marked for anyone special or do you donate your quilts. From soft colors to bright colors, These are GREAT. I also love the simple patterns. It lets the fabric shine.

dublb 04-07-2012 08:37 PM

Hooray for Vicky!!!!! Beautiful quilts!:thumbup:

ranger 04-08-2012 05:03 AM

VickiM, you've been a busy girl.
Congratulations on all the great finishes.
Good work.