Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Quilt Contest!! - Lap Quilts made with Traditional Piecing - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Blog Entries
    Thats good Rhonda...sometimes it hurts me to think, period!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    OK Rhonda...another thought...are you thinking ahead so you might be able to give us a Heads up...like maybe a 6 month calendar..we might be either working on something we'd like to use, or we would have a bit more time to think one up...or is that a motive in your madness...to limit the time you have to work on it?
    I thought about doing this one and then waiting a bit before posting another one. So what would everyone prefer? Another one when this one is done and you would be able to think ahead to entering one in the second one or the third one or just wait awhile and post a second one with a longer construction time? If we did the longer time frame I could do one twice a year. But that might not work either as people will be working on Christmas the second half of the year. We will see.

Right now I just want to get through this one and see how it goes. But I don't mind thinking ahead.
    I think 6 a year is too many but twice a year isn't often enough. Maybe one contest for each season?

Blog Entries
    Ok this is June and this one will be done the end of July. so...... Begin the first of Aug with the deadline the end of Oct and voting for one week and then a week for Patrice to tabulate the votes. then wait until Jan and start one with a 3 mos window of construction and the 2 weeks for voting and tabulating. and so on. We would have 3 a year if that is the pattern I set. with skipping Nov and Dec as that is a busy time for everyone. I like this timing. What do you think?

Ok this is June and this one will be done the end of July. so...... Begin the first of Aug with the deadline the end of Oct and voting for one week and then a week for Patrice to tabulate the votes. then wait until Jan and start one with a 3 mos window of construction and the 2 weeks for voting and tabulating. and so on. We would have 3 a year if that is the pattern I set. with skipping Nov and Dec as that is a busy time for everyone. I like this timing. What do you think?
    sounds like you are really ready for the show.....you go, girl!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
    sounds like you are really ready for the show.....you go, girl!
    Sounds good to me 2 :thumbup:

I like that idea! Good idea to skip the Season with everyone trying to get gifts made. Thank-you, Rhonda.

That sounds like a schedule that will work for almost everybody!!

Blog Entries
    Rhonda, that sounds like the perfect schedule to me. Thanks sew much to you and PatriceJ for doing this.

Blog Entries
    thanks all. I hope this one goes smoothly and we can do a second one.

Blog Entries
    Yep, sounds like a plan to me Rhonda!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast