Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash-busting Challenge

Here's a way to use some of your stash!!

The editor of Fons & Porter contacted me to review their new eBook. If you like log cabin quilts you can get a free copy of this "eBook" by heading over to my blog!

http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.c...bin-ebook.html

Happy Quilting!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Here are a couple things I have finished lately using my stash. I will post more as I take pictures. I must say, it is fun making items without having to buy anything new. Love "shopping" my own stash.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Sophie2

dd
    Attached is a photo of the quilt that I'm working on for our pastor who is very ill. I sandwiched it at church the other day and everyone who saw it really liked it. It's supposed to be gifts from God and he can imagine what is in each package. Sorry it's sideways, I don't know how to turn it around.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Stash busting marathon- Sewing Machine Cover

I was going through the stash and decided to make a jazzed-up sewing machine cover. Although the machine came with a cover (with the brand name repeated all over it), it was just utilitarian. So I looked for a tutorial, finding this one: http://purlsandpleats.wordpress.com/...machine-cover/. As you can see I did make a pocket for one end of it and I also lined it with white muslin. Now onto the next stash busting project starting with a UFO...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by AUQuilter; 01-28-2013 at 08:54 AM.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries

Pinwheel and dresses stash buster

100% stash 32 x 32 comfort quilt. did have to purchase thread to finish binding. Even the binding was from stash !! Back is little fairies dancing in ballet shoes with wands.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Sometimes you just have to sit in a chair and jog in order to get anywhere.
    Ell

Neat projects. I have one that I'll show next week when the last border is on.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Just did my blocks for the batik swap entirely from stash. Now working on a throw for DGS that is also from stash. It is two pieces of the Disney "Cars" fabric that I originally was going to do curtains for his room or else pillowcases but he wants a blanket. I've been using fleece on the back of most of my throws lately. It makes them so cuddly and doesn't require batting either.

Just found this stash busting thread. I am in, I need to bust some of my stash. I did the mystery train ride and bust so little you dont even notice it wen looking at my stash.

Time to bust more.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Quote Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
    Here's a way to use some of your stash!!

The editor of Fons & Porter contacted me to review their new eBook. If you like log cabin quilts you can get a free copy of this "eBook" by heading over to my blog!

http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.c...bin-ebook.html

Happy Quilting!
    Thanks for the e-book.

yayaquilts thanks for the free e-book!!!

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast