Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash-busting Challenge

Blog Entries
    The cat likes it. Bet it thinks the butterflies are going to jump off the quilt. It is very pretty.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
    Finished up this bag as I stash bust along... I asked them to just send 5 labels and the pattern as I would supply fabric. Amazing what you can find in the stash. Have cut four more bag kits for more sewing days once I conquer this stash!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/request...s-t206390.html
    Love the bag!! I just received 10labels from them..I too turned down the offer of fabric, as I REALLY need to reduce my stash!!

dd
    I finally got to Joann's yesterday to get the fusible Pellon for the totebags. At the register the girl rang everything up and took my 50% off cpn for the Pellon. She said, it says there is nothing to use the cpn on. I told her the Pellon was not on sale & I wanted to use it on that so she called someone. I looked at the little screen on my side and it read 50% off the Pellon. I told her it already did it. The other woman said no, Pellon is not fabric and you can't use that cpn. I said again, the register already did it. We were all confused but at least I got the 50% off. It was originally $8.29/yd. Then I went to Walmart. They had it for about $5/yd. So it was still cheaper with the cpn. Today I work on the bag.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Since when is Pellon not fabric??? In that case fleece and felt aren't either.

dd
    She said it was interfacing not fabric. I was just glad I got the 50% discount.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Made two totes from stash. One with upholstery fabric outside and "why did I get that" fabric (think it is 100% polyester) inside. The other is heavy denim with superheroes lining for DGS iPad. Also have two quilts from swap blocks that have sashing from my stash and fleece (also from stash) backing/batting. Binding will be from stash as well.

Inspectorcmm

Here's one of my stash busting. all stash except binding and half of iron on interfacing.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Once I get myself back up and running 100% I bet I will have some more stash busting done. But, I did a no no, saw some fabric at $4 per yard, and bought 8 yards. It will help get rid of some blocks that are in my stash so i can get a top done and will use it for the back as well since it is enough. Whew, not a total wrong, will help bust some stash.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Sounds like a good deal to me - a total of $32 and stash busing to make a quilt!
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

One of my stash busters!! All from stash, that came from a garage sale....large throw quilt 50X60Name:  gingham1.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  1.01 MB

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast