Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash-busting Challenge

Thanks for the compliments. I saw a small wall hanging in a magazine that gave me the idea for the background and I printed pics of real dolphins to enlarge and trace for the center. I did take some liberties by giving them smiles.
    When I quilted it I did "Rays" coming from the center on the top and wavy lines on the bottom.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Wow, Dragonfly Nana, it is gorgeous.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Just had to tell y'all this! I was having lots of fun creating and using up my stash when I suddenly had a six block top that "demanded" to be bigger. Nothing in my stash would work - see thread in Main section "ideas needed" so a shopping trip was essential! So much for stash busting on this one. Lol!

Lovely quilts, everyone! We are headed on vacation for over a month. I'm taking a machine and lots and lots of projects. I'll have a lot of time to sew during the heat of the day. Can't wait to see how much I'll accomplish away from the every day distractions here at home. Wish me luck!

Have fun and happy sewing Lots2do!! I finished a scrappy quilt this week from my stash. I also got 2 mug rugs done for a swap, also from stash...This week have another scrappy I want to start, but only if I can find my main color in stash...Also have several UFO's to work on....Want to get some done for Christmas gifts!

Blog Entries
    Love those finishes ArizonaKat. Those turned out nice.
    Good job Pat625, finishing up projects from the stash feels good.

I am along with you gals, finally getting some things done from the stash. I finished up a quilt that I received the fabric from my husband nearly 20 years ago. Now that is some old stash busting. I posted on the UFO thread. I also did a couple mug rugs as well, one for my MIL for a birthday present, and then a couple of doll quilts.
    DH has to have some major dental work done so won't be visitng the fabric store very much at all. I will definitely be pulling from the stash. Good thing I have a bolt of each of nautrual Kona cotton and Kona black. That will keep me busy with the stash busting, not to mention some of those projects that I have been collecting for a long time. LOL
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I recently finished this large lap quilt from scraps. I was even able to do the backing from some leftover backing. My husband thinks it is a "little busy". It is out of the norm of what I usually do, but like the results.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Sophie2

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
    I recently finished this large lap quilt from scraps. I was even able to do the backing from some leftover backing. My husband thinks it is a "little busy". It is out of the norm of what I usually do, but like the results.
    Sophie2, I love this one. I don't think it is busy at all - zoomed right into the yellow pinwheels! Great use of those scraps.

I agree with AUQuilter - I was drawn right to the pinwheels. Such a fun and uplifting quilt.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
    Sophie2, I love this one. I don't think it is busy at all - zoomed right into the yellow pinwheels! Great use of those scraps.
    Thank you. I will have to tell my DH that it is not too busy!
    Sophie2

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast