Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash-busting Challenge

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    I love your color choices!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

I love the bright colors! I've been stashing marbled fabrics like a mad woman, and now that I'm about to wrap up my swaps for a bit, I may be able to participate in this challenge & make a quilt for us. The hardest part though is deciding what to make that I want to live with long-term.

dd
    This is a quilt I made for our pastor a couple months ago. It's all from scrap, even the batting and backing. It's was originally Christmas presents but our pastor was sick, very sick and in my mind, I saw the original pattern as God's gifts to us. So I made the quilt in manly fabrics and told him to imagine that each of those quilted gifts were actually God's gifts to him. I actually should have made it larger. I was thinking of him sitting up but mostly he was lying down and the quilt just wasn't long enough. He appreciated it anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

dd, what a neat idea for a pastor's quilt. I'll have to remember that if the need ever presents (pun, not intended) itself!!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    I made two charity tops this weekend. Both started with 4-patch blocks and one alternated with kid-fabric, the other with a pink print. Now I need to see which backing from the stash will work. Most of my backings are rather dark and not kid-friendly.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Martina - kid friendly doesn't have to be kid fabric. My DGS and my big guys love ones that are just the pieced top and a navy or dark green or burgandy fleece back/batting with SID or diagonal cross hatch quilting.

Don't know if the charity will accept that scenario though.

But you still could use a darker neutral print for the back.

When I did my boyfriend's nephew's playmat, I did a solid piece front in the printed fabric the mother had picked, and then did solid blue on the back with a strip of the front's fabric to break it up. Then I used variegated blue thread to sew wide crossing rows to create a crosshatch. The blue matched perfectly. He uses it every day....literally! Here's the photos:

Blog Entries
    If you saw my backings, you would understand why I am loath to put them on a kid's quilt. They are rather old-lady funerial in appearance. (Think I went through a dark patch lol). I do have some solids - never thought to use them.
    Martina

Well the lovely thing is that most of the time it's easy to find solids on sale & they're cheaper to begin with, so you can stash up to break the dark gloom, lol. I bought the blue specifically to match the bear fabric. Here's the little guy using it. Apparently he gets a kick out of trying to pick off the bears, lol.

Name:  525087_10200886383902608_580394325_n.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  104.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Aw what a sweet little man.
    Martina

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast