Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 166 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Ok, I am cheating just a bit since it isn't 2012 yet, but honestly I didn't think I would get this finished in 2011...I figured this would be my January post but TA-DA! This is the needlepoint Christmas stocking that I started this summer for my tiny baby grandson Rainn who was born in July at 1 pound 4 ounces. It was very scary for all of us and there are quite a few tears sewn into this as well, but he is doing AWESOME, is 5 months old and now weighs over 7 pounds...
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Sherry

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln

You've made me cry! (not difficult at Christmas). Exquisite - both Rainn and the stocking! Wishing you a very happy Christmas as you celebrate with your miracle grandson xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Sherryquilts View Post
    Ok, I am cheating just a bit since it isn't 2012 yet, but honestly I didn't think I would get this finished in 2011...I figured this would be my January post but TA-DA! This is the needlepoint Christmas stocking that I started this summer for my tiny baby grandson Rainn who was born in July at 1 pound 4 ounces. It was very scary for all of us and there are quite a few tears sewn into this as well, but he is doing AWESOME, is 5 months old and now weighs over 7 pounds...
    Way to go!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I'm interested in this challenge. I have a lot of UFO's. Please count me in.

Okay, my sister has been begging me for a year! to finish a quilt my mother started! Mom's been gone since 1986. TOMORROW it goes on the long arm frame! I hereby promise to not even look at this board until it's on the frame!
    Cosy
    A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever
    http://www.cosyquilt.com

Blog Entries
    Nice job Sherry and congratulations!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Congratulations - your grandson is so alert and must be the delight of everyone. I love his stocking, what a lovely way to celebrate the holiday season - new grandson, new stocking. Life must be good. See you in the new year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherryquilts View Post
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

I'm in! First thing I guess I should finish is the tote bag my sister should have gotten for Christmas but didn't. Then I've got a Christmas wall hanging that I started for my own but that didn't get finished because Christmas gifts took precedence. I've got a couple of flannel receiving blankets to complete by the end of January for a baby shower too. There's a few to get me started and then I'll look into my piles and see what else I can finish.
    Ginny B

I'm in! I want to end the questions like, "Mom what ever happened to that great ....(insert description) you were working on?" I am doing the mystery Orca Bay quilt but maybe if I start with the closest to done ones I can keep to the schedule. Even if I only complete one with you guys as inspiration its better than none.

I am game! Thanks for the shove. LOL
    SewMomma66 - Janome 7700 named Lucy, Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 named Ethyl, Babylock serger named Fred, and Janome 9500 named Ricky.

Page 11 of 166 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast